Aaron Hernandez autopsy showed severe case of CTE

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
It's like a chicken and the egg thing, which came first the homocidal narcissistic douchebaggery or CTE

Inquiring minds want to know
(insert former Ram running back out of Cinci who likes illegal ATC racing)
Or Darryl Henley who trafficked cocaine and then tried to have contract killers kill the judge hearing his case.

It was CTE I swear!

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think some of you are missing the point CTE wouldn't be a weapon if the NFL didn't make it a weapon. The NFL made this a weapon by DENYING its existence, they made this a weapon by the piss poor health insurance for their retirees.

While CTE is probably being used as a scapegoat in this case it is a Medical disease the same way a lot of killers are sent to crazy houses because they are incompetent to stand trial this fits into the LEGAL system. The facts of CTE are indisputable and they are still learning a lot more from this.

And try to keep the guy family out of this his daughter has nothing to do with the way her creep of a father was

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think it was a combination of CTE, where he grew up, and the incidents surrounding his father.......

He had choices..........and he was WAY better off than anyone else where he grew up.

His lame family is still trying to get money out of the deal while it's more than obvious he committed suicide.

They want someone to cut a check because I guess they didn't get enough of his money over the years.

Fucking pigs, sick disgusting money grubbing pigs.

It's like a chicken and the egg thing, which came first the homocidal narcissistic douchebaggery or CTE

The homocidal narcissistic douchebaggery. :)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
So did football cause the cte or was it the laundry list of drugs he used on a regular basis?

CTE is caused by concussive and subconcussive impacts. There is a possibility that severe chronic pain can have similar results (which is why with a lesion in my brain and basically daily migraines since 1992, I'm super invested in this because I've got a ton of skin in the game)

Drugs can certainly cause brain damage, but CTE is pretty specifically related to capillary brain bleeds as a result of physical neurological trauma, seizures and migraines being other examples of physical neurological trauma.

I'm no Aaron Hernandez fan.

That said, he only played 3 seasons.

Let that sink in. If the NFL doesn't become hugely involved on CTE prevention, like funding CBD research, this game will die because mom's will pull their kids and the game will die from a dearth of incoming talent and insurance liability.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Feel safer now?
There are players with CTE that never show symptoms....

I think it was a combination of CTE, where he grew up, and the incidents surrounding his father.......

Funnily enough my wife and I were discussing the very same point last night. CTE obviously ADDS to other influences and behaviour patterns of individuals. It's like adding petrol to a fire, it easily gets out of control.

It does mean though that more should be made to protect these guys heads. Because not all people whoo play American Football are gang affiliated idiots. Some are decent guys, who are/going to be fathers and grandfathers. We all love the sport, lets make sure the NFL use some of that profit they make to push forward developments in making the game safer, yet still enjoyable to watch.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
That said, he only played 3 seasons.

Let that sink in.

As you and others point out, though, that damage can come from things other than football...maybe not drug use, but street fights or other sports activity (boxing, MMA, heck soccer). This guy clearly ran with a rough crowd, one has to wonder how many fights he got in how many times he had his bell rung?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As you and others point out, though, that damage can come from things other than football...maybe not drug use, but street fights or other sports activity (boxing, MMA, heck soccer). This guy clearly ran with a rough crowd, one has to wonder how many fights he got in how many times he had his bell rung?
What about College, Highschool, middle school these guys have been playing the sport most of their lives definitely more than 3 seasons