Aaron Donald (Just how good is he and how good will he be?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I am a huge Aaron Donald fan and I was thrilled when the Rams drafted him (A Major Steal!) and I will be totally surprised if he doesn't go on to have a great NFL Career! But, can some of you LUCKY Rams Fans that get to attend some of their Training Camp share some thoughts on how he is doing? He may not be one of the biggest NFL DT's but I think before long he will be one of the BEST DT's in the League!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm pretty sure I'm going to meet him next Tuesday when I get an autographed rookie jersey from him,I'm betting he becomes an all pro and his rookie jersey can raise some serious jack for my grandkids school auction a few years from now.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Compare what some opf the shorter DTS did in their rookie years: William Dean Perry, DMarco Farr, John Randle, Geno Atkins . .. would we be disappointed if Donald did what they did? None tore it ip as rookie, but did well in years 2-3-4 etc . . . Maybe history repeats? 3 sacks this year, 8-12 next?

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I never put too much expectation on a rookie.

I also wouldn't have viewed him as a need by any stretch, but it was a no brainer when they picked him. He and Brockers will compliment each other, but I only expect to see him on passing downs this year, although that doesn't mean there won't be highlights :)

One thing I'll say about the guy is that he sure does know how to use his size to his advantage. People always say, if he was bigger he'd have been drafted higher and that may very well be true, but Donald isn't small.

Seriously, he and Joyner are the two rookies I personally look forward to seeing the most.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Why is AD still with the 3's though? You'd think he'd at least be rolling with the 2's at the moment.. Just wondering

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Why is AD still with the 3's though? You'd think he'd at least be rolling with the 2's at the moment.. Just wondering
They probably want to make sure they make the right choice between the other guys like conrath, carrington and that they can see them against the twos first because of that reason. One of those guys will be out. Obviously Donald is safe. I'll bet you see Donald going against better competition in preseason games though.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I think AD will be more than just a 3rd down guy this year. With his burst, strength and hand skills, he will be an absolute nightmare for opposing teams. Very special player me thinks.