A Rock And A Hard Place

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What's the priority?

• 1st round QB

• 1st round OL

• BOTH! (sacrifice and move back up into the first round)

• Other (explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I've mentioned this before and many others here are split on the biggest priority going into the 2015 draft and free angency so here goes.

For the most part the consensus is that Bradford will be back. So what does everyone want in the first round of the draft and what is the smartest move. Is the best move to move up and lose something else for a (unlikely) Mariotta, Winston or Hundley to compete or backup Bradford? Keep in mind that means finding at leat TWO starting interior OL next year.

Or is the smart move to solidify a very poor interior line and draft a top OL and look for a quality FA because both Wells and Joseph have to go and that still leaves questions about a quality backup for the line (I am not considering a second round OL as a choice because he will not be able to compete in the starting lineup inside this division especially his first year). And if the Rams prioritize the line does that mean they put all their eggs in one basket with Bradford and resign Hill or maybe look elsewhere for a backup or maybe a second or third round QB if there's one even out there.

IMO you go heavy on the line and pray they keep Bradford upright and hopefully a strong Oline allows for a true ground and pound team with Bradford able to pick his shots downfield. Its a tough choice any way you look at it. OR.... how about both QB and OL in the 1st round?

So gentlemen what do you do? And keep in mind what happened last game between the poor play of both Hill and the interior line because it showed the glaring weakness of both positions.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
There's only one quarterback I want in this class, and he's not dropping to the second round. I can build an O-line with the prospects in the second and third rounds.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
We cheer for a team that selected Aaron Donald in the first round. Get the best player available regardless of position.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Best player available.

I'm not locked into 1st round QB, OLine, or any position. Players not positions.
And this while not locked into the idea of Bradford returning. Depends upon contract negotiations.

A55VA6

Legend
BPA would be the way to go. It will only make this team better. I'm not a fan of reaching for need.

Never know what to expect from Snead and Fisher, though. They seem to surprise me quite often - in a good way.

Alan

Legend
I have a different view than most of you guys about BPA but it's too early for me to say one way or the other. I need to see what happens in FA first. I also need to see what the strengths and weaknesses in the draft are. Then I'll construct a strategy to fit the facts on the ground. I already know what we need.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Best player available is always a good strategy but if the pick is possibly 10-12th and there's a top 3 QB and a top 3 OL on the board im sure Snead and Fisher have their own ideas of priority along with implementing that strategy when needed.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I would prefer an offensive player but if it's your turn to pick and the best value is a lb s etc you have to take that guy. There are three elite wr I have a hunch one will be a Ram.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I went with both--if, of course, we really believe in those players. I'd be willing to sacrifice a little bit considering we seem to only be a few pieces away on offense to becoming a truly elite football team.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I voted OL mainly because I think that the BPA will be OL at the range we are picking (8-8>. Truth is, I have no idea what will happen between now and the draft.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Best player available is always a good strategy but if the pick is possibly 10-12th and there's a top 3 QB and a top 3 OL on the board im sure Snead and Fisher have their own ideas of priority along with implementing that strategy when needed.

I prefer BPA but this all depends on how Fisher and Snead stack the board and what kind of grades they give the players. They could love Winston and not be crazy about the rest of the first rounders and decide to trade up for him....or maybe they don't like the top QBs or Olinemen, but love some of the other players at different positions, so in that case they go BPA. Or, they are not crazy about anyone at the top and trade back to get a specific Olinemen later like they did with Brockers.

We all will have a better idea as the offseason unfolds.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BPA. Supposedly this draft is pretty thick on O-linemen so BPA might not actually be in the first round but if he's there, take him. I REALLY want them to beef up this O-line. If there is a good QB early and available though I'd like us to take him. I don't think there's a chance in hell we get one of the top two but I have a feeling there are others - maybe even some we don't know about that could be understudies and play well when called upon. But ONLY if given time in the pocket.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think the spot we are going to be drafting in isn't going to make it easy to get a QB. The draft as a whole seems very weak for QBs at this point, so it seems BPA with the tie between two equal rated players going to OLmen. What I don't want to see is a package of future picks going to move up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unless we have a shot at Jameis, find a way to get me T.J. Clemmings from Pittsburgh.(he's an OL)

I'm not selling the farm for Mariota or Hundley. Nor am I reaching on a QB. Bradford or Cutler will likely be our QB next year. Lets just make sure we have a good Plan B to rely on if Bradford is the guy.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

I'm not always a fan of BPA...For example if this year the BPA is a DT, sorry, I've got to find an interior OL ...I think BPA is never wrong, but I think sometimes it can be trumped by a real need...If there is not real quality available for your need(s) then I go back to BPA and go from there...

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
First round has to be BPA, no great QBs coming out this year. Take a developmental guy in rounds 2-3 and load up on OL talent.