A few random thoughts after the Titans game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I haven't re watched this "game". Probably never will, either. Lol.

Kinda like re watching the stock market for the last week.

But here's a couple of things that I consider noteworthy...

Three points scored by the starting O through 2 games. Anybody else getting antsy? 'Cause I sure am.

Like JT said, can't run, can't block, can't tackle, can't score, can't even punt or kick field goals... That pretty much covers it. Sheesh!

Any doubts remaining as to Pead's Rams future? Watts and Malcolm Brown made statements in their brief appearances. RB is such a loaded position this year. Has Pead dropped to 6th string? I think he's a goner.

Backup QB also seems to be coming into focus, too. Keenum made some plays again. Some will say that Davis needs more snaps, but I think Keenum is outplaying him by a wide margin. At least in the preseason games. Doubt that Davis has any trade value, either.

Mannion is looking like a keeper, huh? Not that there was any doubt that they were gonna keep their 3rd rounder, of course. But I'm encouraged by what I've seen from the kid.

I've tried to focus on C play in the 2 preseason games and I've gotta say I'm not seeing clear daylight between the 3 candidates. I thought Rhaney and Jones played "okay" last night. No glaring weaknesses or mistakes that I noticed, anyway. Might be a tough call for coach Boo. Anybody else see a significant difference so far? Our long term future C is probably not yet on the team.

Givens looked good on that 80 yarder. Keenum, too. Hat's off to both of them. Would be nice to have that in our arsenal this year. Been a long time since we've seen that, huh? Maybe Givens sticks this year, after all?

Joyner showed up, didn't he? A sight for sore eyes.

Have the Rams issued a memo that wrap up tackles are no longer allowed? Gawd! I lost count of the misses.

Roberson missed an opportunity to shine last night. Unfortunately, he was not alone. Our secondary looked disorganized from start to finish. I'll defer to Mike Franke's coming detailed review, but my first impression was that it looked like they had not played together for weeks, if not months.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm sensing another slow start to our season. Don't know if it's a "country club" camp mindset, or what. But the team doesn't look sharp at all with but a small handful of exceptions. I don't know if I can survive another 1-3 or 1-4 start to the season.

So, what did I miss, fellas?

Greg Stone

Rookie
I watched 30 minutes before rushing off to band practice with a lump in the pit of my stomach.

beej

Rookie
The only thing that I would add was the fact that Fisher apparently told some people before the game that the team was tired from extensive traveling. I can't begin to tell you how frustrating that sounds to me.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I thought they looked tired - like they hadn't had any sleep tired. Fisher looked old and tired. Foles looked tired post game in his presser. Like he just wanted to go to bed and get some sleep tbh.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Any doubts remaining as to Pead's Rams future? Watts and Malcolm Brown made statements in their brief appearances. RB is such a loaded position this year. Has Pead dropped to 6th string?
I pretty-much agree with your observations, except this^!
*Watts looks great, but he's suspended for the beginning of the season!
* And Gurley will probably be started out slowly!
* We still have 2 more preseason games to see how things shake-out!
* Pead has proven ST value!
I think Pead could very well be on the 53 man roster, at least for the first 4 weeks!;)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We had our FF draft last night, so only saw bits and pieces and the bits and pieces I saw didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

I watch it tonight in more detail.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
The only thing that I would add was the fact that Fisher apparently told some people before the game that the team was tired from extensive traveling. I can't begin to tell you how frustrating that sounds to me.
I really don't like the traveling excuse. NFL teams travel, that's half of their games on the road. Some have even tried "see Dallas was tired too and lost" comparisons to further it. The Cowboys are light years different than the Rams in what they want to get out of the preseason. They don't have a brand new QB, new coordinator, 3 new OL that have to jell, a power running game identity to forge, etc. -- that all MUST happen before snap #1 of game #1 or else we risk being 4 games into the real games when Fisher declares a do-over of a lost season again. And yet the Cowboys aren't using the tired excuse, compare Garrett's reaction versus Fisher's:

"It wasn’t very good on offense, it wasn’t very good on defense and it wasn’t very good in the kicking game. It wasn’t good early, middle or late. It wasn’t a very good performance at all ... We didn’t run the ball very well. Obviously we were trying to control the line of scrimmage and didn’t do a very good job of that."​

That's Jason Garrett, not exactly Vince Lombardi, and yet even he is saying all the things I think a lot of Rams fans wish we would hear out of Fisher today (ever?) instead of the "I'm not concerned... We'll sort it out" canned answer to everything.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Zero intensity from the 1's or they are just bad AND tired. D looked uninterested in tackling anyone. Need I go on about the punting or FG kicking?

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
This "we're tired" excuse is about as weak as it gets. TIRED?... GIVE ME AN F'ING BREAK! That was about as piss poor as it gets.. The Titans aren't that good! Tired!?!? I imagine they'll find time to rest after the season is down the shitter.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
This "we're tired" excuse is about as weak as it gets. TIRED?... GIVE ME AN F'ING BREAK! That was about as pee pee poor as it gets.. The Titans aren't that good! Tired!?!? I imagine they'll find time to rest after the season is down the shitter.

I agree. Its ridiculous. I'm just saying what I saw from looking at Fisher and Foles when they were talking (sorry to bring up the hot topic of body language AGAIN!) - they looked beat!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I agree with a bunch of your post...I do have a few thoughts on:
Three points scored by the starting O through 2 games. Anybody else getting antsy? 'Cause I sure am.
Very depressing development...I guess it is a whole new offense to Foles...and he's not a miracle worker...

Any doubts remaining as to Pead's Rams future? Watts and Malcolm Brown made statements in their brief appearances. RB is such a loaded position this year. Has Pead dropped to 6th string? I think he's a goner.
This is wrong...I haven't watched the whole game yet, just most of the first half...And Benny looked like garbage...missing holes on 3rd and 2...slow..not breaking any tackles....Play Pead with the 1's and watch some points (see comment up /\ there in red) magically appear...

Backup QB also seems to be coming into focus, too. Keenum made some plays again. Some will say that Davis needs more snaps, but I think Keenum is outplaying him by a wide margin. At least in the preseason games. Doubt that Davis has any trade value, either.
How many points did we finally score? I hope they weren't against the 3rd teamers....I'll watch the entire game, but still in the camp of cut both those guys and get Mannion some work...

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
The discouraging thing to me is the fact that the team looks exactly like last season's team. Different players in some positions with the same results. I do not get it. The coaching staff had better change coaching tactics and come up with a new playbook or we will be watching the same team we all suffered with last season.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The discouraging thing to me is the fact that the team looks exactly like last season's team. Different players in some positions with the same results. I do not get it. The coaching staff had better change coaching tactics and come up with a new playbook or we will be watching the same team we all suffered with last season.
Yogi.jpg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

With the pick 6 included, it's -4 points.

What this is all setting up is for Gurley to step in and be the hero.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I sure am not.

Like JT said, can't run, can't block, can't tackle, can't score, can't even punt or kick field goals... That pretty much covers it. Sheesh!

JT is a grump.

He's staying. Like it or not. He can play ST and is a better pure runner than Tre Watts (suspension) and Benny Cunnginham (pure STer).

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm sensing another slow start to our season. Don't know if it's a "country club" camp mindset, or what. But the team doesn't look sharp at all with but a small handful of exceptions. I don't know if I can survive another 1-3 or 1-4 start to the season.

IDK where this "country club" BS has come from. The CBA has limits to how much and how hard teams can go in camp. It's not just a Ram thing, it's an NFL thing.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I thought the team looked tired and uninterested. The play calling, especially with the first team, was terrible. I know its just pre season but you should at least win the battle of the ones... I hate how easy Fisher takes training camp and pre season, it doesn't prepare the team for the start of the season. Im really hoping, that for game three at home with no travel, that the team plays much more inspired.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Martz used to get crucified for such responses
If you say you're going to fix something and don't after a reasonable amount of time, it's fair to question it, IMO.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IDK where this "country club" BS has come from. The CBA has limits to how much and how hard teams can go in camp. It's not just a Ram thing, it's an NFL thing.
I think it limits the number of practices (no more 2-a-days, for example), but not the intensity once camp starts for real.

Mini-camps are still allowed (which Fisher refuses to use, even though he has a very young team that could use the reps, IMO).

And, of course, the HC has the latitude to cancel practices (as Fisher did last week, citing player fatigue o_O)

RamBill

Legend
Nick Foles threw a first quarter interception that was returned for a touchdown and it was down hill from there as the Titans beat the Rams 27-14 on Sunday night in Nashville, TN. The Rams fell behind 20-0, until they finally scored on an 80 yard TD pass from Case Kennum to Chris Givens. The Rams got their other touchdown on a pass from Sean Mannion to Malcolm Brown, closing out the scoring at 27-14. Fox 2 Sports reporter Charlie Marlow was in Nashville and has his observations of Rams preseason game two.

Watch Fox 2 Game Recap