58 TV Commercials from 1977

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For some reason when I watch period significant representations, it reminds me of survivors from a boat wreck. Treading water and seeing the distant coastline and thinking it's closer than it is...and it's too far.

I see older stars in the above commercials who I knew, along with family members who still lived in 1977, who could never make it to the the present day. My Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother were and he was a WWI veteran, still alive. They were like time capsules, in that I knew them, and they knew Grandparents who were born in the 1860's....This fact always fascinates me.....Anyway, watch the above commercials and see people who you haven't thought of in ages. Most of those born in the 80's and after will have no clue about the stars in these commercials...Like Sandy Duncan, for instance. She was very well known in the 70's and hit the talk shows of the 70's (Dinah Shore, Mike Douglas, etc....), and also starred in broadway productions of Peter Pan. Anyway, enjoy!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zzRp-jxx0E

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Bill Cosby voiced the Del Monte corn commercial at the beginning

Most well known in 2018 for drugging and molesting young actresses

Things don't always turn out the way you'd expect, do they?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
For some reason when I watch period significant representations, it reminds me of survivors from a boat wreck. Treading water and seeing the distant coastline and thinking it's closer than it is...and it's too far.

I see older stars in the above commercials who I knew, along with family members who still lived in 1977, who could never make it to the the present day. My Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother were and he was a WWI veteran, still alive. They were like time capsules, in that I knew them, and they knew Grandparents who were born in the 1860's....This fact always fascinates me.....Anyway, watch the above commercials and see people who you haven't thought of in ages. Most of those born in the 80's and after will have no clue about the stars in these commercials...Like Sandy Duncan, for instance. She was very well known in the 70's and hit the talk shows of the 70's (Dinah Shore, Mike Douglas, etc....), and also starred in broadway productions of Peter Pan. Anyway, enjoy!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zzRp-jxx0E

I think I watch more youtube then I do regular TV

and vintage commercials are one of the things I get a kick out of

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bill Cosby voiced the Del Monte corn commercial at the beginning

Most well known in 2018 for drugging and molesting young actresses

Things don't always turn out the way you'd expect, do they?
Yep, people are people...good and bad, whether famous or not.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This game is how I became a RAMS fan in 69. My brother and I got this game for Christmas and we picked out our favorite helmets from the pamphlet that came with it, that’s when I got hooked on the horns!

Kevin

Pro Bowler

This game is how I became a RAMS fan in 69. My brother and I got this game for Christmas and we picked out our favorite helmets from the pamphlet that came with it, that’s when I got hooked on the horns!

I still have mine! It came with a sheet of jersey numbers that you could stick on the little players. I have the Rams, Colts and a couple other teams.

T-REX

Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still have mine! It came with a sheet of jersey numbers that you could stick on the little players. I have the Rams, Colts and a couple other teams.

That's amazing, I don't have mine, long gone. I was 8, my brother was 7 when we got it for Christmas. The game came with the Jets and Giants, our parents let us send away for our teams, RAMS for me obviously and the Raiders for my brother. Great memories!

I found this on e-bay, this is exactly what I got back in 1969, wild!
s-l1600.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

I had the Rams vs Cowboys NFC Championship edition

Kevin

Pro Bowler
That's amazing, I don't have mine, long gone. I was 8, my brother was 7 when we got it for Christmas. The game came with the Jets and Giants, our parents let us send away for our teams, RAMS for me obviously and the Raiders for my brother. Great memories!

I found this on e-bay, this is exactly what I got back in 1969, wild!
s-l1600.jpg
That’s it! Did you have the oversized QB with the lever-action arm that threw a little white felt football? One of my friends had one of these too, and we would play the Rams vs the Vikings over and over!

T-REX

Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s it! Did you have the oversized QB with the lever-action arm that threw a little white felt football? One of my friends had one of these too, and we would play the Rams vs the Vikings over and over!

Yeah, this guy
11505314336_980a688423_b.jpg

To be honest, I really didn't know what to do with him :LOL: I was more of a Ground Chuck type of player. :sneaky:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thinking of my original post and the idea of people being a type of time machine, consider Samuel J. Seymour. Mr. Seymour appeared on a 1950-60's Game Show called "I've Got a Secret" in 1956. He was the last living person to have personally witness the assassination of Abraham Lincoln at Ford's Theater. He was almost 96 years old at the time of the show. think of it...
He lived through:
*Civil War
*Assassination of Abraham Lincoln
*Industrial Age
*Spanish American War
*Introduction of electricity in homes
*First flight of man at Kittyhawk (Wright Bros)
*transition from horse to automobile transportation
*WW1
*Radio
*The rise of Soviet Communism
*Roaring 20's and Great Depression
*Television
*WW2/Atomic Age

He outlived the normal age of children if he had any. I was born in 1964, so I Mr Seymour's remarkable lifespan barely missed my beginning. FYI, the last surviving Civil War Vet died the same year in 1956

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RPoymt3Jx4