5 Most Anticipated Games For The St. Louis Rams This Season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08/21/5-most-anticipated-games-for-the-st-louis-rams-this-season/

rams.jpg

As we head into the third week of preseason for the Rams, training camp has ended and the fans are itching for the regular season to begin. What can fans expect for the 2014 season? Below is my list of the 5 most anticipated games for the Rams.

1) Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals on December 11th

This will be the second time the Rams meet divisional rival, the Arizona Cardinals. Set-up to be a re-match from earlier in the season, the interest will be the division race at the time as well as how Bradford will handle Arizona’s amped-up defense. The Cardinals will enter the Dome with only two weeks left and it will be a tight division race for a playoff spot.

2) Rams vs. Denver Broncos on November 16th

The AFC Champs come to the Edward Jones Dome. This will be a big one – the Rams hosting the Denver Broncos. Peyton Manning along with St. Louis native Montee Ball command the offense. The beefed-up defense including Pro-Bowlers Demarcus Ware, Aqib Talib and the rest. The talent on the Denver team will be a great challenge for Jeff Fisher and the Rams in the middle of the season.

3) Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks on October 19th

The first chance to see the Super Bowl Champions, the Seattle Seahawks, in the dome for the season. The champs come to town with near the same team as last season. Can Richard Sherman and the Legion of Boom shut down the Rams offense on their own turf? Every division game will count this season for the Rams and the second one of 2014 will be crucial for the rest of the season for this team.

4) Rams vs. 49ers on October 13th

The first division game of the season against the San Francisco 49ers. The Rams, in the past few seasons, have always played the 49ers at a strong pace. With a healthy defense for the Rams as well as a blossoming offense for Jeff Fisher, the Rams may have a chance to outdo San Francisco for the upcoming year. The Rams have had problems with the run game in the past and this game will give fans their first take of how Gregg Williams handles the division competition.

5) Rams at Seattle Seahawks on December 28th

It will be the final game of the regular season where the Rams’ playoff hopes could rely on this one last match-up. Only problem is, they have to play in Seattle. The Rams have a tough 2014 schedule and it will be a tight division race all the way to the end. The Rams may need the final win against the Seahawks to make their first playoff game in a long, long time.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
Being from the Philly area I am pumped for the Rams to invade the pillage the Link! Go Rams!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
bullshit the Skins should be on that list for two reasons.
1) I live in the area and I'm going to the game
2) it's late in the season so depending on both teams' record outcomes if the Rams win it would be a slap in the face for the Skins and the final verdict for the RG3 deal and would make my year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That Denver game, IMO, is going to tell us whether or not we're ready to take the next step. We don't even have to win that one, but if we get shellacked, then I don't expect to advance very far at all this year.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
It'd be cool if we could start 4-0 and then beat the 9ers on ESPN at home for 5-0. Cuzz the schedule just gets tough as hell after that.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
That Denver game, IMO, is going to tell us whether or not we're ready to take the next step. We don't even have to win that one, but if we get shellacked, then I don't expect to advance very far at all this year.

I'm not as excited about it. Last year we smashed offenses like the Broncos. We beat the Colts and the Bears in the exact same fashion that the Seahawks beat the Broncos during the Superbowl. If there defense greatly improves (a healthy Miller, Ware, and Talib say this is likely) than it becomes an interesting game. But if they play exactly like they did last year (which was pretty good) I think we this game hands down. Our team is designed to prey on offenses like this.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not as excited about it. Last year we smashed offenses like the Broncos. We beat the Colts and the Bears in the exact same fashion that the Seahawks beat the Broncos during the Superbowl. If there defense greatly improves (a healthy Miller, Ware, and Talib say this is likely) than it becomes an interesting game. But if they play exactly like they did last year (which was pretty good) I think we this game hands down. Our team is designed to prey on offenses like this.
And if we get waxed?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It'd be cool if we could start 4-0 and then beat the 9ers on ESPN at home for 5-0. Cuzz the schedule just gets tough as hell after that.

If we start 5-0 then that'd be great, of course. However, I don't feel the schedule is all that bad after that...

Vs Seahawks- not bad
@KC- Not bad (I feel like they're soft but fast)
@Niners-Yeah that's bad

Then there is a three game stretch of unfavorable match ups- @Cards, VsDen, and @SD.

Then the schedule gets soft down the stretch for 4 games. Raiders, @WAS, Cards, Giants. We should win all four.

Then we finish it up in The Clink, again.

Sooo, win the first 5, win 4 in a row late, and 2-3 in the middle and we are in the Playoffs. That is very achievable if we stay healthy.

RamzFanz

Damnit

^this. 5-0 with the Seahawks coming.

I don't agree about Denver because by week 11, we will already know what this team can or can't do.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
First Quarter
Sep 7 Minnesota
Sep 14 @Tampa Bay
Sep 21 Dallas
Week 4 BYE
Oct 5 @Philadelphia
3-1

Second Quarter
Oct 13 San Francisco
Oct 19 Seattle
Oct 26 @Kansas City
Nov 2 @San Francisco
2-2

Third Quarter
Nov 9 @Arizona
Nov 16 Denver
Nov 23 @San Diego
Nov 30 Oakland
2-2

Fourth Quarter
Dec 7 @Washington
Dec 11 Arizona
Dec 21 N.Y. Giants
Dec 28 @Seattle
3-1

There's my 10-6

Plus or minus 1 game. Stumble somewhere and we're 9-7(i'd take that). Get on a roll and we're 11-5.
8-8 or worse is not an acceptable year 3 IMO.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
The first 3 are games we are expected to win. And this team in the past has had problems in those games.....

But the Mendoza line games will be our division games at home...... Philly and SD on the road. We get those wins.....and we're talking playoffs.....