49ers to employ unique power structure

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
York set it up so they can cancel each other out, which makes himself a tiebreaker. That's what I think he's up to, anyway.

Here's hoping it's an effin dumpster fire.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
At the end of the day regardless of who has veto or whatever the GM and coach need to be on the same page. If they are typically there is success and if not it's failure.

Also if either suck then it's all mute and both normally get fired.

Ram65

Legend
How do other organizations make final decisions on players?

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
what-could-possibly-go-wrong_o_5802169.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I find the entire concept of " He's in charge of the 53 and I'm in charge of the 90" TOTALLY confusing!!:dizzy:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
York set it up so they can cancel each other out, which makes himself a tiebreaker. That's what I think he's up to, anyway.

Here's hoping it's an effin dumpster fire.

That's what I'm seeing too. Seems like neither has final say unless they agree. Which indicates that when they disagree, here comes Jed with the power to make the decision.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
You have to love seeing the Whiners in such turmoil. I hope it continues for another decade or so.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It has begun.

John Lynch - DB - 49ers
49ers announced assistant GM Tom Gamble has left the organization.

In a statement, rookie GM John Lynch announced he and Gamble "agreed that it would be in both of our best interests for him to pursue other opportunities" after working together for the last month. With a rookie general manager and head coach at the controls, the 49ers are losing an experienced and well-respected personnel man who could have eased the transition. Gamble is a 29-year scouting/front office veteran, including ten years with the 49ers.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
In a statement, rookie GM John Lynch announced he and Gamble "agreed that it would be in both of our best interests for him to pursue other opportunities" after working together for the last month. With a rookie general manager and head coach at the controls, the 49ers are losing an experienced and well-respected personnel man who could have eased the transition. Gamble is a 29-year scouting/front office veteran, including ten years with the 49ers.

He axed him so as not to lose his job to him after this year.

Clear out the cupboards management strategy LOL.

I love the shit show that is the 49ers.

3 years ago they were all geniuses and so many Rams fans were jealous and now Yorkitis is running rampant.

LOVE IT!!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...et-a-medal-for-lasting-four-years-with-49ers/

Jim Harbaugh suggests he should get a “medal” for lasting four years with 49ers
Posted by Mike Florio on February 23, 2017

giphy.gif

Jim Harbaugh never has lasted longer than four years at any of his various coaching stops. For making it last that long in San Francisco, he believes he deserves special recognition.

In an appearance on Tim Kawakami’s podcast, via CSN Bay Area, Harbaugh pointed out that he “set a record for coaching there under the present ownership.”

“I take pride in that,” Harbaugh said. “Maybe there should be an endurance medal, a courage medal, for that.”

The issue came up because new coach Kyle Shanahan mentioned Harbaugh, Bill Walsh, George Seifert, and Steve Mariucci in Shanahan’s introductory press conference. Harbaugh said he doesn’t believe he spent enough time with the team to be compared to those other coaches. Harbaugh perhaps would have made it more than four years if he had been working with new G.M. John Lynch.

“I would’ve loved to have worked for John Lynch,” Harbaugh said. “He reminds me a lot of the athletic director we have here [at Michigan], Warde Manuel, who’s also a former player and a teammate of mine. Common-sense guys who are team guys, just the way they go about their business always speaks volumes.”

Harbaugh and former 49ers G.M. Trent Baalke didn’t see eye to eye, and that fractured relationship contributed in large part to the “mutual parting” with Harbaugh that came after the 2014 season. The 49ers have hired three coaches in only two full seasons since then.