40-year old mom to become NFL cheerleader

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I wonder if Brett Favre has gotten wind of this? He also lives in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
-----------------------------------------
40-Year-Old Mother of 2 Realizes Dream of Becoming NFL Cheerleader

By Dan Carson, Featured Columnist Jul 16, 2014

f3b0f97bdcf84795c2190a4d5ee37789_crop_north.png

Screenshot (h/t ABC News)

Kriste Lewis is anything but your prototypical pompom wielder.

Lewis told ABC News (h/t Yahoo News) that the decision to try out for the team was part of her 40th birthday present to herself—not to mention a lifelong dream. She was faced with an army of plucky, young women standing between her and her goal. She was aware of the daunting task ahead of her.

"There were a lot of young, beautiful girls [at tryouts]," she said. "It was a fear. I will not lie."

The majority of women trying out for the Saintsations were between the ages of 18 and 30, but outperforming a field of younger ladies was the least of Lewis' concerns.

"Fourteen years ago I was diagnosed with polycystic kidney disease," she said. "Eventually my kidneys will shut down [and] I will be in need of dialysis and in need of a transplant. That had a lot to do with me auditioning as well. I didn't want to waste a day."

Lewis trained for six months before checking another item off her bucket list. The tryout went a total of three rounds before Lewis received word: She was in.

Understandably, Lewis' family is incredibly proud of their mother and wife.

"I'm especially proud that she made it and she’s the best mom a child could have," said Rob, 11. His older brother, Jake, said his friends are "really jealous" of him after learning his mom will be on the field with the Saints.

Lewis' husband still can't get over her moves.

"It's just amazing to watch her dance," Tim Lewis said.

After her amazing accomplishment, Lewis was able to give a message of advice for any other mothers out there looking to pursue their passions.

"I think as moms we are hard-wired to give and we give and we give and we give," she said. "I think it's important to think back on what made you excited as a child."

Lewis clearly never forgot the potential excitement that came with being an NFL cheerleader, and now she'll get to experience it firsthand.

Look for Lewis on the field at the Superdome this September. She'll be the Saintsation with the most genuine smile on her face.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
To borrow one of my favorite Ari Gold quotes, "got MILF?"

RK3

Professional Lurker
Name
Russ
His older brother, Jake, said his friends are "really jealous" of him after learning his mom will be on the field with the Saints.

Wait until his friends start with "Dude, your mom is hot!" It can only get worse from there.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Needs botox to go along with the augmentation,cruel I know, but her job is to be beautiful and I'm just offering some "constructive" advice.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Given recent news, I'm not entirely sure why she would WANT to be a cheerleader, but kudos to her.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Read the Favre comment and he'd never make it as a cheerleader! :whistle:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Reminds me of the cougars that hang around Bush Stadium