2018 ROD $$$ RAMS DRAFT THREAD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No problem. Let me know if you want me to make changes to your original picks and I’ll delete the second one.

Well, the second one is the changes I want to make.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
3rd- Tim Settle, DT, Va Tech- Why he's a Ram - BPA - At a position of seemingly no need but some said the same thing when AD was drafted.
4th- Geron Christian. OT, Ohio St - Why he's a Ram - BPA - At a position of need because our OL has some "long in the tooth" aspects.
4th- Jeff Holland, OLB, Auburn - Why he's a Ram - Extreme need for our D and he likes to consistently get into QB's personal space.
4th-Darius Leonard, OLB/ILB, SC State - Why he's a Ram - Nabbed because he's one of those that slips because he played at a small school but he's got fantastic side line to side line speed. That's exactly what our D needs since other teams will figure out that's where they are going to have to attack us.
6th- Dorance Armstrong, EDGE, Kansas - Why he's a Ram - BPA by a long shot and at a position of need to boot. . Sometimes players just get overlooked and his 40 times didn't help either but he has some mad rush skills that look to fit Wade's system.
6th- Tony Adams, OG, NC St. - Why he's a Ram - At a position of future need where this team lacks a little depth. I need say much more than his dad has been the wrestling coach at Boston College for the past three decades. Sure some has rubbed off on his son. Kid is smart too.
6th- Tyler Conklin, TE, Central Michigan - Why he's a Ram - At a position of need at this stage of the draft just seems like a good idea. He's available here because he suffered a Jones fracture to a foot and hasn't seemed to rebound from that quite yet but there's no doubt he has some skills. Good run blocker, good at contested balls over the middle, good at getting feet down on the sidelines. Maybe being an ex basketball player has merit.

I see the Rams at least trading a 6th away to move up a little to get their guy. In this scenario it was for OLB Jeff Holland.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

If It's alright consider These^ as my edited picks!!

Done

Last edited by a moderator:

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I'm not going to bounce around to different threads for anyone's mock. If all else fails, read the directions.

3rd Jamarco Jones OT Ohio St.
4th Jeff Holland DE/OLB Auburn
4th Troy '9 Fingers' Fumugali TE Wisconsin
4th Duke Ejiohar DE/OLB WF
6th Matthew Thomas ILB FSU
6th Jack Cichy ILB Wisconsin
6th Jaleel Scott NMSU

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I’d like to edit my entry to the following:

Done

Last edited by a moderator:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Rams look for someone to mold and shape to take over for big Whit when the time comes.

This won't be a popular choice after some concerns with his drive and love of the game but...

3rd Round #87 - Orlando Brown OT - OK - 6'8" 345 35" arms
Brown has very questionable skill set and work ethic but says he wants to learn and be great. With a third round pick, the Rams pick up someone who can sit behind Whit and be coached up to clean up his footwork and body control. He is already a mountain of a man and if he can learn a few things, could be excellent value for a third rounder.

4th Round #111 Dorance Armstrong - Edge - KU - 6'4" 257 34 1/2" arms
Dorance has been climbing of late but should still be there with our first of the fourth. He has very good vision, can set the edge, and reads the QB well. What he lacks in speed, he makes up for in ability to bend and flatten out toward the QB. He also will likely pick up a few pounds with NFL diet and training. A starter in round 4? It's possible.

4th Round #135 - Scott Quessenberry - C - UCLA - 6'4" 310
Local boy stays home and works to be our center in the making. 4 year starter that needs to work on initial drive block but is strong and has good build even though tall for the position. He can sit behind Sully and learn the parts of his game that are considered deficient.

4th Round #136 - Mike McCray - ILB - Michigan - 6'1" 243
Here is our run stopping thumper in the middle. Likely a 2 down LB that will come out during pass plays. He's strong, plays with fire and anticipation to make tackles at or near the LOS, and is football smart.

6th Round #176 - Kameron Kelly - S/CB - San Diego St. - 6'2" 204
Kameron split time at Safety and CB at SD and has great ball skills for a Safety. I would like us to have some depth at Safety and Kelly can play. He could be drafted as depth for both CB and S and has the length and frame to add some pounds. He is not great with his back to the QB so I'm thinking Safety.

6th Round #183 - Josh Adams - RB - ND - 6'2" 213

6th Round #194 - Deandre Goolsby - TE - FL
Cuz I like the name

7th Round #195 - Nic Shimonek - QB Texas Tech
For the Billy Devaney pick

Ram65

Legend
Round 3, Pick 23 (No. 87 overall) OLB-Ogbonnia Okowronko

Round 4, Pick 11 (No. 111 overall) OT-Orlando Brown

Round 4, Pick 35 (No. 135 overall)LB-Christian Sam

Round 4, Pick 36 (No. 136 overall)OG - Scott Quessenbery

Round 6, Pick 2 (No. 176 overall) LB Jack Cichy

Round 6, Pick 9 (No. 183 overall) Joe Ostman OLB

Round 6, Pick 20 (No. 194 overall)SS- Damon Webb

Round 7, Pick 21 (No. 195 overall)-OLB Marquis Haynes

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well it looks like we have some winners. I will look at it later in the week and award the ROD cash. Well..... in all honesty, I'll have someone who knows what the hell they're doing award the ROD cash.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK - so we actually have only one member that got any of them right. With a total of one correct pick, @jrry32 hits on Jamil Demby - Guard - Maine U. Being that it was a 6th round pick, jrry receives a nice pick up of $20,000.00 ROD bucks. Nice pull Jrry.

Other mentions of note:
@DaveFan'51 hit on Micah Kiser but unfortunately in the wrong round
@jrry32 hit on Scales but missed the round
@bomebadeeda also hit on Kiser in the wrong round
@OldSchool hit on OBO and Kiser but in the wrong rounds
@12intheBox hit on Scales but missed the round
@Ram65 also hit on OBO but in the wrong round

We may figure out a way to give out some honorable mention prizes but congrats to Jrry for at least hitting on one of the picks. I think it just goes to show that as much as we all try to guess the draft, we have a totally different set of "facts" and values for the players.

Thank yawlz for playing and stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.