2018 ROD $$$ RAMS DRAFT THREAD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK - so it was brought up that some of our members have nailed a few draft picks for the Rams in recent years. With all the players and team moves, etc... That is not easy. It was suggested that maybe we could reward those members in some way.

So here goes. Rules Rules Rules:
1. Post your mock in this thread - NOT a separate thread for each
2. You need not mock all rounds
3. You need to only list the round and player - not the actual pick number
4. Elaborate mocks with descriptions of how and why you got to that pick may garner bonus dollars from the judges - me, myself, and I
5. Only one mock per member. If you would like to change your pick(s) before the draft and you are unable to do so, simply PM me and I will make the change if you get it to me in time.
6. ROD dollars and competitions are for fun only - Don't get butt hurt if someone gets bonus points and you don't
7. All judges decisions are final unless you give me a really compelling argument or payola
8. Rules may be added to, changed, or eliminated at any time by moderators or admins

So here's the structure of payouts. I figure that the later in the draft, the more difficult (see - lucky) the pick. So with that in mind, you will receive increasing rewards for later rounds. The payout amounts will go as follows:

$1,000 for 1st round, $2,000 for 2nd, $4,000 for 3rd, $7,500 for 4th, $10,000 for 5th, $20,000 for 6th or 7th.

Just to let you know, we are also working on some ideas that may actually make your ROD $$$ worth more than bragging rights. No guarantees here but winning $20 grand couldn't hurt if we do.

So have at it all you futher mockers.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
1st pick....2nd round...after trade back

Lorenzo Carter......OLB

2nd Pick....3rd round

Connor Williams.....OT

3rd Pick...4th round

Malik Jefferson.... ILB

4th pick...IDK which round...

Antonio Callaway......Wide receiver

5th pick...probably 6th round

Kendrick Norton....Nose Guard

6th pick....6th round

James Daniels...Center

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't believe the Rams will stay at #23, but if they do it's only because LB'er Tremaine Edmunds somehow, someway falls to them. :LOL:

In the 2'nd, if we get one, I'll go with WR D.J. Chark.

3'rd Round - OLB Lorenzo Carter

4'th - S Trayvon Henderson

5'th, if we get one, DT Folorunso Fatukasi

6'th - OT Alex Cappa
6'th - OT Greg Senat
6'th - OT Timon Parris

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Pick #1 Rnd. 3 - ILB - Micah Kiser - Virginia - 6ft 2/240, "A Thumper!!"

Pick #2 Rnd. 4 - OT - Alex Cappa - Humboldt St. - 6ft 7/ 305 " Whit. will Train him right!!"

Pick #3 Rnd. 4 - OG - Scott Quessenbery - UCLA.

Pick #4 Rnd. 6 - TE - Durham Smyth - Notre Dame - 6ft 5/256

Pick #5 Rnd. 6 - RB - Rashard Penny - San Diego St. - 5ft 11/220/4.46 40 time. " A real Baller!!"

Pick #6 Rnd 6 - Center - Billy Price - Ohio St - 6'4 / 312, Could be a day one Starter, but will fall because of injury concerns! Sully's Trainee!!

Pick #7 Rnd. 6 - OG - Sean Welsh - Iowa - 6ft 3 /295 " Strong!"

Pick #8 Rnd 6 - DE - Ja'Von Rolland-Jones - Arkansas St. I saw hin in the Senior Bowl and he looked great!

If It's alright consider These^ as my edited picks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Deadline is approaching. Make sure you draftniks get in your mocks. I get why some of you are holding back until we see how FA shakes out. And remember you that have already posted your mocks, PM me if you want to change them in light of what happens in FA. I will adjust your mocks if I have the changes to me before the draft starts. When that first card is turned in, your changes won't count.

Good luck to all.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
1st- ILB Leighton Vander Esch (Boise St.)

3rd- OLB/Edge Josh Sweat (Florida St.)

4th- OT Desmond Harrison (West Georgia)

4th- RB Nyheim Hines (NC St.)

6th- QB Kurt Benkert (Virginia)

6th- C Tony Adams (NC St.)

6th- S/CB Siran Neal (Jacksonville St.)

6th- OLB/Edge Marquis Haynes (Ole Miss)

6th- NT- Lowell Lotulelei (Utah)

Last edited:

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Deadline is approaching. Make sure you draftniks get in your mocks. I get why some of you are holding back until we see how FA shakes out. And remember you that have already posted your mocks, PM me if you want to change them in light of what happens in FA. I will adjust your mocks if I have the changes to me before the draft starts. When that first card is turned in, your changes won't count.

Good luck to all.
When is the deadline?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
When is the deadline?
Um..... you quoted my statement. I think it was fairly clear. Read it again and if you still don't get it - YOU'RE ALREADY OUT! :banghead::D

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Um..... you quoted my statement. I think it was fairly clear. Read it again and if you still don't get it - YOU'RE ALREADY OUT! :banghead::D
wow lol
87wQl.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Just noticed this thread... I miss nothing. Is the deadline the real draft or our mock draft here on-site? Ah well gonna put some up just in case.

Round 3:
OT Brandon Parker. Nice Senior Bowl project and figure since I don't think Rams will go offense here that's exactly what they'll do.

Round 4:
OLB Chad Thomas. Lot of questions about how much he loves ball, and how long he'll play given other interests, but I like his tape and he's a value here.
C Scott Quessenberry. Rams will probably target an interior lineman, SQ is a fit for this neighborhood of the draft.
LB Shaquem Griffin. Board favorite who I think might make it to round 4 and if he does the Rams will take him.

Round 6:
OLB Kemoko Turay. Interesting edge guy who is smart and a hard worker.
C Austin Corbett. Interior lineman again in case they don't get one round four.
TE Ethan Wolf. Teams and addition to blocking depth, might have ok hands hard to say.
LB Jack Cichy. Dude is walking wounded but his tape is very good.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
For those in the back of the class, all picks must in by the time the #1 overall pick is handed in.

Good luck guys.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I reserve the right to change this at a later time. I'll give you two.

Okay, let's update this thing.
What I expect (this is my real entry) The one that will be counted.
3rd - Uchenna Nwosu
4th - Brandon Parker, Jack Cichy, Leon Jacobs
6th - Jamil Demby, Tony Adams, Phillip Lindsay, Tegray Scales

What I want The one that won't be counted :D
3rd - Shaquem Griffin
4th - Jeff Holland, Geron Christian, Jack Cichy
6th - Tony Adams, Jamil Demby, Phillip Lindsay, Logan Woodside

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I'll throw my hat in.......

3. - Jeff Holland Edge/OLB
4. - Shaq Griffin S/OLB
4. - Micah Kiser ILB
4. - Brett Toth OT
6. - Will Clapp OC/OG
6. - Dimitri Flowers TE/FB/H-Back
6. - Jack Crichy ILB

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I reserve the right to change this at a later time. I'll give you two.
What I want
3rd - Shaquem Griffin
6th - Tony Adams, Phillip Lindsay, Christopher Herndon, Leon Jacobs

What I expect (this is my real entry)
3rd - Kemoko Turay
4th - Brandon Parker, Tegray Scales, P.J. Hall
6th - Will Clapp, Phillip Lindsay, Christopher Herndon, Leon Jacobs
Just PM me with changes if you have them. As long as their in before the first pick of the draft is handed in I’ll count them. Cheers and good luck.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3) Obo Okowronko OLB Oklahoma
4) Geron Christian OT, Micah Kiser ILB, Dane Cruikshank FS
6) Brandon Parker OT, Joe Ostman OLB, Dejon Allen G, Daurice Fountain WR

I'm going with an entire group having had a visit with the Rams. I thought about a RB but we only had visit's with 2. I'll throw out a few priority UDFA.

Mike Ford CB SE Missouri St
Nick Gates G Nebraska
Taylor Stallworth NT South Carolina

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I’d like to edit my entry to the following:

87. Josh Sweat - Edge
Its already late in round 3, we are finally getting to make a pick, and Les rolls the dice on a gimp? Doesn't that just sound like Les, though? Josh Sweat was an easy first round grade sans injury and what I saw at the combine told me he is looking pretty healthy. Yes, his leg could still fall off at any time, but until he does, the kid can rish the passer.

636417829885940019-B49I2942.JPG

111. Mason Cole- C

We have a coupla gray beards on that O Line and while I think we all hope that this line stays fully in tact for a few more seasons, we need depth, especially at center.

39c431e5e6523494439eae0f3056fdd0.jpg

135. Tegray Scales - LB

If there is a trait I want in our next linebacker, its instinct. I want a nose for the ball - someone who can diagnose out there. I really don't want another undersized linebacker but if a guy who plays like this was 25 lbs heavier, he would been gone in round 1.

tegray-scales_indiana.jpg

136. Kylie Fitts - Edge

Two Edge rushers now drafted each of which has injury question marks. Two rolls of the dice improves the odds, right?

ufoot_091416~6.jpg

176. Will Dissly - TE

We have some tight ends who can play out in space, but we need an in line shove it down your throat tight end. This is my guy.

Will+Dissly+Montana+v+Washington+8BNSLSo6cpAl.jpg

183. Matt Pryor - OT

He may eat himself out of the league, or he may dominate. Either way, lets hope he doesn't see the field for meaningful snaps until 2020.

CL0gQ0gUcAAbnHe.jpg

194. Dimitri Flowers

I feel like this team wants a fullback on the roster. Flowers can compete with Rogers and let the best man win.

584323a9d6fbb.image.jpg

195. Ja'whaun Bentley - LB

This guy is pretty much the opposite of what we have had at linebacker. He hits with grown man strength.

56f1d27c045fa.image.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Okay, let's update this thing.
What I expect (this is my real entry)
3rd - Uchenna Nwosu
4th - Brandon Parker, Jack Cichy, Leon Jacobs
6th - Jamil Demby, Tony Adams, Phillip Lindsay, Tegray Scales

What I want
3rd - Shaquem Griffin
6th - Tony Adams, Tegray Scales, Phillip Lindsay, Logan Woodside
5. Only one mock per member. If you would like to change your pick(s) before the draft and you are unable to do so, simply PM me and I will make the change if you get it to me in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.