• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Our potential needs look to be QB, DE, WR, OL, and LB. Who you like?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Our potential needs look to be QB, DE, WR, OL, and LB. Who you like?

hiding.gif

The paint hasn't yet dried on this draft :p

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Dammit, I was starting a thread on that! You hijacked my thread, FRO! ;) :p

And aside from that, we definitely, definitely have a need at cornerback and maybe free safety.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm thinking DE, LB, and CB.

We'll need to starting thinking about Long's successor.

Our LB depth is already not the greatest.

And... I want to root for Jenkins, but I don't see the Rams giving him the type of contract he'll want. He just doesn't say smart things on Twitter, and seems liking a ticking time bomb ready to have an off the field issue. I wouldn't give him a big contract, that's for sure.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Too early? I don't care. For draftniks, this is a year-round thing.
First starting with the top five from every position (except for kicker, punter, fullback, and long-snapper).

QB:
1. Cardale Jones, Ohio State. ***
2. Trevone Boykin, TCU.
3. Connor Cook, Michigan State.
4. Gunnar Kiel, Cincinnati. **
5. Jeremy Johnson, Auburn. *

RB:
1. Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State. **
2. Derrick Henry, Alabama. *
3. Thomas Tyner, Oregon.
4. Devontae Booker, Utah.
5. Jonathan Williams, Arkansas.

WR:
1. Tyler Boyd, Pittsburgh. **
2. Laquon Treadwell, Ole Miss. **
3. Duke Williams, Auburn. **
4. Ricky Seals-Jones, Texas A&M. **
5. Travin Dural, LSU. *

TE:
1. O.J. Howard, Alabama.
2. Nick Vannett, Ohio State.
3. Kyle Carter, Penn State.
4. Hunter Henry, Arkansas.
5. Jake McGee, Florida.

OT:
1. Ronnie Stanley, Notre Dame. *
2. Le'Raven Clark, LSU. *
3. Taylor Decker, Ohio State. *
4. John Theus, Georgia. *
5. Spencer Drango, Baylor.

OG:
1. Brandon Shell, South Carolina. *
2. Vadal Alexander, LSU. *
3. Tyler Marz, Wisconsin. *
4. Jordan Rigsbee, California
5. Landon Turner, North Carolina.

C:
1. Isaac Seumalo, Oregon State. *
2. Max Tuerk, USC. *
3. Nick Martin, Notre Dame. *
4. Evan Boehm, Missouri. **
5. Jake Brendel, UCLA.

DE:
1. Shawn Oakman, Baylor. **
2. Joey Bosa, Ohio State. ***
3. Shilique Calhoun, Michigan State. *
4. DeForest Buckner, Oregon. *
5. Jonathan Bullard, Florida.

DT:
1. Sheldon Day, Notre Dame. *
2. Harold Brantley, Missouri. *
3. Robert Nkemdiche, Ole Miss.
4. Adolphus Washington, Ohio State.
5. Josh Augusta, Missouri. *

OLB:
1. Myles Jack, UCLA. *
2. Jordan Jenkins, Georgia. *
3. Eric Striker, Oklahoma.
4. Terrance Smith, Florida State.
5. Dadi Nicolas, Virginia Tech.

ILB:
1. Scooby Wright III, Arizona. ***
2. Reggie Ragland, Alabama.
3. Reggie Carter, Georgia.
4. Rodney Hardrick, Oregon.
5. Cassanova McKinzy, Auburn.

CB:
1. Vernon Hargreaves III, Florida. ***
2. Jalen Ramsey, Florida State. ***
3. Wayne Lyons, Stanford. *
4. Fabian Moreau, UCLA.
5. Kendall Fuller, Virginia Tech.

FS:
1. Jalen Mills, LSU.
2. Leon McQuay III, USC.
3. Kodi Whitfield, Stanford.
4. Jamal Golden, Georgia Tech.
5. Deon Bush, Miami (Florida).

SS:
1. Su'a Cravens, USC. *
2. Karl Joseph, West Virginia. *
3. Tony Connor, Ole Miss.
4. Tyler Hunter, Florida State.
5. Vonn Bell, Ohio State.

* = Wouldn't mind the pick.

** = Want this guy as a Ram.

*** = My top five favorite players in this draft.

Athos

Legend
My Kingdom for Cardale Jones.

We'd be sick nasty for a very long time with Jones as our signal caller and Gurley as our lead back.

Treadwell will be a beast if he recovers 100% of that nasty injury.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Hopefully Foles works out, if he doesn't package that 1st and 2 2nds to go get Hackenberg. If Foles does work out I wouldn't be opposed to trading our 1st and 2nd to go get Vernon Hargreaves III, best CB to come out since Patrick Peterson.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I watched a bit of Joey Bosa and Scooby Wright III, and I fell in love with those guys immediately. I seriously would not mind if they were our first and second round picks, if we couldn't get Cardale Jones, and then take a guy like Gunnar Kiel with our other second.

Bosa patterns his game after Watt and Long. He's seriously strong with room to grow even stronger, he has a non-stop motor, underrated speed and burst off the line, and he stuffs the run. Right now, he's a better run-stuffer than a pass-rusher, which is really saying something, given that he's more of a pass-rusher at his age than even Watt and Long were in college.

Wright patterns his game after Kuechly. He's incredibly cerebral, but he's an explosive athlete as well. Just did something good on every snap I watched him. Unbelievable talent, and I'm going to be Larry Warford-mad if we don't get this kid in horns.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I watched a bit of Joey Bosa and Scooby Wright III, and I fell in love with those guys immediately. I seriously would not mind if they were our first and second round picks, if we couldn't get Cardale Jones, and then take a guy like Gunnar Kiel with our other second.

Bosa patterns his game after Watt and Long. He's seriously strong with room to grow even stronger, he has a non-stop motor, underrated speed and burst off the line, and he stuffs the run. Right now, he's a better run-stuffer than a pass-rusher, which is really saying something, given that he's more of a pass-rusher at his age than even Watt and Long were in college.

Wright patterns his game after Kuechly. He's incredibly cerebral, but he's an explosive athlete as well. Just did something good on every snap I watched him. Unbelievable talent, and I'm going to be Larry Warford-mad if we don't get this kid in horns.

Doubt we will be in position to get Bosa, though I wish we could get him somehow. Love Scooby as well, he is my top choice right now for round 1. Doubt we can get Jones too and I love Kiel so I hope we can grab him as well.

So yea, I am 100% down with getting Scooby and Kiel big time. Also some other good qb's coming out next year. It will be a very good year to grab our future QB.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Doubt we will be in position to get Bosa, though I wish we could get him somehow. Love Scooby as well, he is my top choice right now for round 1. Doubt we can get Jones too and I love Kiel so I hope we can grab him as well.

So yea, I am 100% down with getting Scooby and Kiel big time. Also some other good qb's coming out next year. It will be a very good year to grab our future QB.

You know what? Yeah. Scooby Wright for 2016. Because this kid is going to be special. Laurinaitis is great, but Scooby could be absolutely special. Nagurski, Lombardi, Pac 12 Defensive Player of the Year over such names like Leonard Williams, Wayne Lyons, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Myles Jack, etc. Just...I want this kid so badly. This is the type of kid you build your defense around. Also, this class of cornerbacks is amazing. There's two of them who I would be absolutely jacked up to have in horns (VH3 and Jalen Ramsey), and as far as I'm concerned, both of them are top five prospects. Them - as well as Jones - are probably out of our range, which upsets me a lot.

I'm praying that Bosa falls somehow. I want the kid to do well, and yet I don't, so that we'll be in a position to draft him.

And if the Eagles suck like I expect - and want - them to do, we can expect what will basically be a second first round pick. So if Scooby falls because of his supposed "lack of athleticism", I'd love to snag him with that pick.

Basically, I'm hoping that the first two rounds fall this way:

1. Joey Bosa (immediately steps in for Chris Long and dominates).
2a. Scooby Wright III (steps in for Laurinaitis who is dealt or moved to SAM).
2b. Gunnar Kiel (quarterback of the future).

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Basically, I'm hoping that the first two rounds fall this way:

1. Joey Bosa (immediately steps in for Chris Long and dominates).
2a. Scooby Wright III (steps in for Laurinaitis who is dealt or moved to SAM).
2b. Gunnar Kiel (quarterback of the future).

If that happened I would do backflips(or try to at least). Doubt it will happen though.

Bosa will be a top 3 pick easily IMO. Only way he doesnt go #1 is if Jones and another QB beast it up, Like Goff maybe.

Doubt Scooby falls to the 2nd. It could happen but I see him going in the 10-15 range right now.

Kiel should fall to the 2nd, and I am hoping he does. He does seem to get banged up a lot so its very likely. Though I think they never let his ribs heal fully and they just kept getting re-injured.

Agree the CB class is good. VH3 would look great in horns, but agree him and Ramsey will be gone before we pick.

Its about time I really start looking at next years class more in depth to get a feel for it.

Im already pumped up about the 2016 draft lol.

Memento

Name
Jemma
If that happened I would do backflips(or try to at least). Doubt it will happen though.

Bosa will be a top 3 pick easily IMO. Only way he doesnt go #1 is if Jones and another QB beast it up, Like Goff maybe.

Doubt Scooby falls to the 2nd. It could happen but I see him going in the 10-15 range right now.

Kiel should fall to the 2nd, and I am hoping he does. He does seem to get banged up a lot so its very likely. Though I think they never let his ribs heal fully and they just kept getting re-injured.

Agree the CB class is good. VH3 would look great in horns, but agree him and Ramsey will be gone before we pick.

Its about time I really start looking at next years class more in depth to get a feel for it.

Im already pumped up about the 2016 draft lol.

Bosa's a potential top fifteen pick. There's a good chance that he doesn't go in the top five or even the top ten with Jones, Connor Cook, Hargreaves, Ramsey, Day, Jack, Oakman, Calhoun, Stanley, Clark, Decker, Boyd, Treadwell, and possibly Nkemdiche (if he puts up sacks) and Elliott (who is much more talented than Melvin Gordon, although not as much as a healthy Gurley) all vying for spots. Not unless he significantly expands his pass-rushing repertoire from a bull-rush. I can't see top ten for him unless he puts up another monster year. But then again, a lot of other guys could put up monster years as well.

Wright could end up dropping, even with his production, based on his athletic abilities. He's not a freak athlete like Willis, and he needs to prove that he can drop into coverage and play the ball. He has two total pass coverage plays: an interception and a pass-breakup in 2013. He's not an outside 3-4 rusher or a WILL/SAM in a 4-3; he's strictly middle or inside. He could very well end up falling into the early second because of his measurables, much like Laurinaitis, Alonso, and Te'o did. I agree that he's a top fifteen talent, but GMs might not see it that way.

It's a possibility (although I really hope that the opposite is true) that we end up with a top fifteen pick. We have a very young offensive line (or, if Fisher decides to start Barnes, Jones, and/or Reynolds/Barksdale instead, a very below-average one), an unproven receiving corps - Kenny Britt aside - with no true #1, and a running game where Gurley might not be available immediately on offense. And if Foles goes down with an injury or fails to show us the 2013 version, then we're pretty screwed. On defense, our cornerbacks, Gaines aside, are still pretty suspect. Our free safety position is uncertain. Depth behind Brockers and Donald worries me. Quality depth behind Laurinaitis and Ogletree worries me even more.

We aren't a perfect team. I hate to say this, but this team could take some time to be as good as we know they can be. I believe that 9-7, while not a victory in that the playoffs would be out of reach, would be a significant confidence boost for a young squad. Like everyone else here, I want them to go 19-0.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Bosa's a potential top fifteen pick. There's a good chance that he doesn't go in the top five or even the top ten with Jones, Connor Cook, Hargreaves, Ramsey, Day, Jack, Oakman, Calhoun, Stanley, Clark, Decker, Boyd, Treadwell, and possibly Nkemdiche (if he puts up sacks) and Elliott (who is much more talented than Melvin Gordon, although not as much as a healthy Gurley) all vying for spots. Not unless he significantly expands his pass-rushing repertoire from a bull-rush. I can't see top ten for him unless he puts up another monster year. But then again, a lot of other guys could put up monster years as well.

Wright could end up dropping, even with his production, based on his athletic abilities. He's not a freak athlete like Willis, and he needs to prove that he can drop into coverage and play the ball. He has two total pass coverage plays: an interception and a pass-breakup in 2013. He's not an outside 3-4 rusher or a WILL/SAM in a 4-3; he's strictly middle or inside. He could very well end up falling into the early second because of his measurables, much like Laurinaitis, Alonso, and Te'o did. I agree that he's a top fifteen talent, but GMs might not see it that way.

It's a possibility (although I really hope that the opposite is true) that we end up with a top fifteen pick. We have a very young offensive line (or, if Fisher decides to start Barnes, Jones, and/or Reynolds/Barksdale instead, a very below-average one), an unproven receiving corps - Kenny Britt aside - with no true #1, and a running game where Gurley might not be available immediately on offense. And if Foles goes down with an injury or fails to show us the 2013 version, then we're pretty screwed. On defense, our cornerbacks, Gaines aside, are still pretty suspect. Our free safety position is uncertain. Depth behind Brockers and Donald worries me. Quality depth behind Laurinaitis and Ogletree worries me even more.

We aren't a perfect team. I hate to say this, but this team could take some time to be as good as we know they can be. I believe that 9-7, while not a victory in that the playoffs would be out of reach, would be a significant confidence boost for a young squad. Like everyone else here, I want them to go 19-0.

Still think Bosa will be a top pick. I say at worst he lasts till 10...at the very worst. Read that his younger brother is a 5 star recruit and could be even better than Joey and was a better prospect in HS. Cool stuff.

You could be right about Scooby. Guess we will see how this year goes for him. Would love to have HV3 or Ramsey too. Wish we had like 5 1sts and a few 2nds next year lol

Memento

Name
Jemma
Still think Bosa will be a top pick. I say at worst he lasts till 10...at the very worst. Read that his younger brother is a 5 star recruit and could be even better than Joey and was a better prospect in HS. Cool stuff.

You could be right about Scooby. Guess we will see how this year goes for him. Would love to have HV3 or Ramsey too. Wish we had like 5 1sts and a few 2nds next year lol

We'll see. I still think that he slips a bit. You have Shawn Oakman, who would have been a top ten pick in last year's class, and Shilique Calhoun, who was borderline top-ten if he had entered at defensive end alone. Buckner would have also been in the first round in last year's class. It's a lot of competition. We'll see how Bosa does with constant double teams.

And fate, yes, I wish that we could have Joey Bosa, VH3, Jalen Ramsey, Scooby Wright, Cardale Jones, Ezekiel Elliott (because why the hell not?), one of the top wide receivers, and Evan Boehm at center/guard. Forget five; I want seven! :D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Waaaaaaaaay too early to start talking about that!!

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I wish Patrick Towles would transfer to a school where he can utilize his talents. His talent is being wasted at Kentucky. He's got a strong arm but not a lot of receivers. He nearly beat Mississippi State and would have had his receivers caught some well thrown balls at critical times. He's built like Big Ben but they have him run the option way too often.

Somebody is going to get a heck of a QB in a round that probably isn't the 1st in 2016 or 2017.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Too early? I don't care. For draftniks, this is a year-round thing.
First starting with the top five from every position (except for kicker, punter, fullback, and long-snapper).

QB:
1. Cardale Jones, Ohio State. ***
2. Trevone Boykin, TCU.
3. Connor Cook, Michigan State.
4. Gunnar Kiel, Cincinnati. **
5. Jeremy Johnson, Auburn. *

RB:
1. Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State. **
2. Derrick Henry, Alabama. *
3. Thomas Tyner, Oregon.
4. Devontae Booker, Utah.
5. Jonathan Williams, Arkansas.

WR:
1. Tyler Boyd, Pittsburgh. **
2. Laquon Treadwell, Ole Miss. **
3. Duke Williams, Auburn. **
4. Ricky Seals-Jones, Texas A&M. **
5. Travin Dural, LSU. *

TE:
1. O.J. Howard, Alabama.
2. Nick Vannett, Ohio State.
3. Kyle Carter, Penn State.
4. Hunter Henry, Arkansas.
5. Jake McGee, Florida.

OT:
1. Ronnie Stanley, Notre Dame. *
2. Le'Raven Clark, LSU. *
3. Taylor Decker, Ohio State. *
4. John Theus, Georgia. *
5. Spencer Drango, Baylor.

OG:
1. Brandon Shell, South Carolina. *
2. Vadal Alexander, LSU. *
3. Tyler Marz, Wisconsin. *
4. Jordan Rigsbee, California
5. Landon Turner, North Carolina.

C:
1. Isaac Seumalo, Oregon State. *
2. Max Tuerk, USC. *
3. Nick Martin, Notre Dame. *
4. Evan Boehm, Missouri. **
5. Jake Brendel, UCLA.

DE:
1. Shawn Oakman, Baylor. **
2. Joey Bosa, Ohio State. ***
3. Shilique Calhoun, Michigan State. *
4. DeForest Buckner, Oregon. *
5. Jonathan Bullard, Florida.

DT:
1. Sheldon Day, Notre Dame. *
2. Harold Brantley, Missouri. *
3. Robert Nkemdiche, Ole Miss.
4. Adolphus Washington, Ohio State.
5. Josh Augusta, Missouri. *

OLB:
1. Myles Jack, UCLA. *
2. Jordan Jenkins, Georgia. *
3. Eric Striker, Oklahoma.
4. Terrance Smith, Florida State.
5. Dadi Nicolas, Virginia Tech.

ILB:
1. Scooby Wright III, Arizona. ***
2. Reggie Ragland, Alabama.
3. Reggie Carter, Georgia.
4. Rodney Hardrick, Oregon.
5. Cassanova McKinzy, Auburn.

CB:
1. Vernon Hargreaves III, Florida. ***
2. Jalen Ramsey, Florida State. ***
3. Wayne Lyons, Stanford. *
4. Fabian Moreau, UCLA.
5. Kendall Fuller, Virginia Tech.

FS:
1. Jalen Mills, LSU.
2. Leon McQuay III, USC.
3. Kodi Whitfield, Stanford.
4. Jamal Golden, Georgia Tech.
5. Deon Bush, Miami (Florida).

SS:
1. Su'a Cravens, USC. *
2. Karl Joseph, West Virginia. *
3. Tony Connor, Ole Miss.
4. Tyler Hunter, Florida State.
5. Vonn Bell, Ohio State.

* = Wouldn't mind the pick.

** = Want this guy as a Ram.

*** = My top five favorite players in this draft.
Wonder what you think of the kid at Cal, Goff?....Thought Jalen Ramsey was a safety.....

Memento

Name
Jemma
Wonder what you think of the kid at Cal, Goff?....Thought Jalen Ramsey was a safety.....

Ramsey played nickel cornerback when Joyner was on the team, he moved to free safety last year to cover for Joyner, and he'll be moving back to a starting corner job to cover for the losses of P.J. Williams and Ronald Darby. Some think he's better as a free safety. I think that he's more than athletic and instinctive enough to play cornerback. If not for Vernon Hargreaves III, this kid would have been the most highly touted defensive back in his class.

Goff is definitely another huge name to consider, along with Hackenberg (Penn State), and Hogan (Stanford), amongst many others. This is potentially an enormous class for legit starting quarterbacks, and it's the best class for shutdown cornerbacks that I can remember. You have three of them in VH3, Ramsey, and Wayne Lyons. Trae Waynes and Marcus Peters, in comparison, weren't nearly as talented as those three.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@Memento thanks man...

Love the QB's that COULD come out...figured that's why we grabbed Foles to wait....Hogan was a guy I wanted...then started really looking at him..He is a physical specimen...Goff looks like a better thrower. Hackensack needs to show me some more too, but has all the tools....we shouldn't be in position to draft too high in 2016, and if we're in the top 15, I'll be seriously pissed.