2016 3 Round mock draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Considering we currently have about 19 players scheduled for free agency (12 UFA, 7 RFA) for the 2016 season at this time, there could be some shake-ups as far as personnel, and not all of those remaining are guaranteed a return due to CAP reasons. Doubtful we are able to re-sign all of those players heading into free agency, but we should make a pretty good dent. Not sure how much a potential team move may play in this process, but probably not much. With WR's Quick/Givens, CB's Jenkins/Johnson, and DE's Hayes/Sims becoming free agents, these three units may require special attention.

This early in the season has many mocks changing almost daily, but i'm presently looking at free agency to improve our need depth while relying on the draft for BPA.

Just for fun, here is today's rolling mock draft ( no trades) :

1) DE - Carl Lawson, Aub.
2a) C - Dan Voltz, Wi.
2b) CB - Keiv Russell, N.D.
3) FS - Jalen Mills, LSU

For 2016, I prefer a quality WR & LB in free agency. The Rams are in pretty good shape CAP wise moving forward, although Chris Long's $14.mil + CAP hit along with the high CAP of Cook & JL should motivate both the players as well as management to restructure/extend their contracts or look towards them as potential CAP casualties. jmo.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I like the Lawson pick if Long has to be cut. He needs to do a good job on Fournette when they play LSU. I have no questions about his pass-rushing ability.

Voltz is another good pick. He may go in the first round if he keeps on trucking the way he does, though.

Don't like Russell as of now. Talented, but very, very immature. There's better cornerbacks in the second round. And unless it's Jalen Ramsey, I don't want a free safety. Very, very weak class for them. I don't see a first round safety except for Cravens, and he's a strong safety only.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the Lawson pick if Long has to be cut. He needs to do a good job on Fournette when they play LSU. I have no questions about his pass-rushing ability.

Voltz is another good pick. He may go in the first round if he keeps on trucking the way he does, though.

Don't like Russell as of now. Talented, but very, very immature. There's better cornerbacks in the second round. And unless it's Jalen Ramsey, I don't want a free safety. Very, very weak class for them. I don't see a first round safety except for Cravens, and he's a strong safety only.

This early time of the season, I approach my mock like we would be an 8 - 8 team, this will change as the year evolves and there is a clearer idea on our final record.
While i'd love for Jalen Ramsey to join our team, he would be much like me asking for Joey Bosa at DE. Neither seem all that practical as they are likely top 5 picks in the next draft. Even if this mock allowed for trading up using additional picks, those two are probably going to be out of our reach. jmo.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This early time of the season, I approach my mock like we would be an 8 - 8 team, this will change as the year evolves and there is a clearer idea on our final record.
While i'd love for Jalen Ramsey to join our team, he would be much like me asking for Joey Bosa at DE. Neither seem all that practical as they are likely top 5 picks in the next draft. Even if this mock allowed for trading up using additional picks, those two are probably going to be out of our reach. jmo.

Fair enough. I'd ask for Hargreaves as well, but he and Ramsey should be top five picks based on talent. Bosa as well. I just don't see the need for a free safety because we have McLeod as well, and I think he's better than anyone we could get. Even if he leaves, Joyner could fit the free safety role just fine, and we can draft another cornerback in one of the strongest classes I've seen for them.

But God-fucking-dammit, I want Ramsey in horns. He needs to have a very shitty Combine so we can get him. :(