2014 Predictions: St. Louis Rams/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
ESPN.com St. Louis Rams reporter Nick Wagoner makes his Rams season prediction for the 2014 season.

Watch Wagoner Talk Rams 2014

=========

2014 Predictions: St. Louis Rams
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/10931/2014-predictions-st-louis-rams
ESPN.com St. Louis Rams reporter Nick Wagoner makes his game-by-game picks for the 2014 season.

Week 1: Minnesota Vikings

Adrian Peterson destroyed the Rams the last time he visited St. Louis but the defense should be much improved, Craig Dahl no longer plays for the Rams and they should be able to score enough to start the season with a win. Prediction: Win

Week 2: at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

An early-season trip to Florida will provide quite a challenge in terms of heat and humidity after a mostly mild St. Louis summer. The Bucs look like they could be vastly improved and the Rams wilt late in the Florida sun. Prediction: Loss

Week 3: Dallas Cowboys

Dallas back DeMarco Murray will be a popular fantasy play this week given his recent success against the Rams, but this time should be different as the Rams head to the bye with a 2-1 record. Prediction: Win

Week 5: at Philadelphia Eagles

An absolutely brutal stretch of schedule gets off on the wrong foot, as the Rams can't keep up with the Eagles' high-octane offense. Prediction: Loss

Week 6: San Francisco 49ers

The nightmare of this matchup from prime time a year ago could be erased here but the 49ers find a way to pull this one out late. Prediction: Loss

Week 7: Seattle Seahawks

The Rams are a perennial headache for the Seahawks, especially at home, and that will be no different this time. But not having Sam Bradford at quarterback will again leave the Rams a play short of the upset. Prediction: Loss

Week 8: at Kansas City Chiefs

The Rams surprised many by blowing out a perceived AFC power on the road against Indianapolis last year. The Chiefs get a similar treatment. Prediction: Win

Week 9: at San Francisco 49ers

The Rams' first trip to Levi's Stadium ends like their last one to Candlestick: with a convincing loss. Prediction: Loss

Week 10: at Arizona Cardinals

Two trips out West in as many weeks with another tough opponent caps off the most brutal three-game stretch of the season with a close loss to the Cardinals. Prediction: Loss

Week 11: Denver Broncos

This game could be closer than it might look on paper considering how physical, aggressive teams give the Broncos problems. Ultimately, what could be Peyton Manning's final visit to St. Louis sends him back to Denver with a win. Prediction: Loss

Week 12: at San Diego Chargers

The losing streak reaches four games and the Rams officially hate the West Coast more than mid-'90s fans of the Notorious B.I.G. Prediction: Loss

Week 13: Oakland Raiders

The Rams come out on top in the battle of two teams most often speculated to move to Los Angeles. Prediction: Win

Week 14: at Washington Redskins

There will be much reminiscing about the infamous 2012 trade these two teams made in the week leading to this game but it's RG III's Redskins who win a close one. Prediction: Loss

Week 15: Arizona Cardinals

This is the Rams' best bet for a win in the division and they follow through by knocking off the Cardinals. Prediction: Win

Week 16: New York Giants

The Giants' retooled offensive line is no match for the group coached by Mike Waufle, the man who once led the Giants' defensive line to Super Bowl glory. Prediction: Win

Week 17: at Seattle Seahawks

Ending the season with a loss in Seattle has become something of an annual tradition. Prediction: Loss

Predicted Record: 6-10

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Yeesh. Not pretty. I disagree with a few of them - the '9ers games in particular. I'm still at 10-6.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I would disagree on the Bucs and Redskins. I can't see how teams that won 3 and 4 games last year improved that much. People are basing things on the offseason. Heck I remember how Philly's "Dream Team" turned out.

Teams who were on the rise last year and didn't turn their roster over much this year tend to be the teams to watch. We're one of those teams. I also think the loss of Bradford has changed things in people's mind too. Don't underestimate Shaun Hill. He's capable. More so than Clemens and Clemens beat 3 good teams last year and came within a bad throw/play call of beating the champs.

And what about the 49ers? They seem to be struggling right now. Its possible there is a chink in the armor. We could easily come out fired up and win that home game. Those 3 alone that I disagree with would give us 9 wins. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers turned out to be paper tigers like the Cardinals. Who knows? We could even see 10 wins.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Wow, he doesn't give the Rams much credit. Hope the rest of the league is underestimating us like this.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I live in Tampa... Is this the same Tampa offense that couldn't hardly do a damn thing all preseason? And their 1s are going to beat our defense?

Um...how?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
This is the part I don't get ... a lot of the media seemed to think we weren't going anywhere with Bradford, yet they downgrade us further because we don't have Bradford?

There's gonna be some head scratching in a few weeks when the Rams go 3-0 into the Bye week.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Man I'm really starting to lose respect for Wagoner. It's like he doesn't bother to even look into other teams situations. Just judges based on hype. Losing to the Bucs and Washington on top of only 1 divisional win? Kiss my ass Wagoner. The cards have been decimated by injury, the 9ers entire defense is gone with Aldon suspended, Bowman hurt and now MacDonald likely getting suspended for domestic violance. Doesn't he know that RG3 sucks? That's one of the games on our schdeule I'm the least worried about. I say at the very worst we're 8-8.

Big Willie

Starter
Fear not, believers. Even the great Nostradamus was wrong on occasion. Why should we hold Wagoner to a higher standard? With luck and injuries being a factor in the success of teams every year there is no logical way to predict outcomes with certainty. That means Wagoner's projections are no better than a person who believes football (futbol) is really soccer. Take solace, Rams enthusiasts, in the fact that with a few breaks (literally and figuratively) our season can just as easily be 10-6 as it can be 6-10. Cross those fingers, burn some sage, whip out that lucky rabbit's foot and kiss the Blarney Stone (or whatever you choose to kiss) and the luck of the old Fearsome Foursome could bring us out of the depths of obscurity within the minds of the so-called NFL experts into the hearts and souls of those who root for the overachievers. Go Rams!

Big Game

Living The Dream
WOW Wagoner is a joke. So we lose to the Bucs a team we dominated last year because they have a new coach a couple new players. hmmm i don't think so plus they still don't have a very good offensive line. I disagree on the Niners game as well they have a ton of defensive stars they can be beat when we play them at home. I also believe we beat the seahawks at home. So i'm staying with my 8-10 win prediction for the Rams!!!

It all starts this weekend can't wait.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
We're not losing two to the niners and that's a fact. Niners are gonna finish last place this year.

Why is everyone so high on them still? Kaepernick never threw a td pass this preseason and their defense is missing so many pieces.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I disagree with the Bucs, Skins and SF (in St. Louis) game. And I think we have a good chance at the Seattle game in St. Louis.

I'm looking at 9-7 or so.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I think the whiners take a step back this year - I think we win at least one of the games against them, and I think we split with Arizona too. Seattle will be tough, but we play them hard. I can't believe he's picking losses against the 'Skins, and Bucs. Not trying to be a homer, but I see 9-7.

iced

I live in Tampa... Is this the same Tampa offense that couldn't hardly do a damn thing all preseason? And their 1s are going to beat our defense?

Um...how?

I'm with you. Anyone who's watched Tampa's offense or lives in the bay area knows their a joke. Seems like they're banking on Logan Mankins fixing their o-line, but to me their entire line line looked weak, especially the guards. Mccown wasn't exactly amazing either

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think the Seattle game in St. Louis could be bad for the visitors if they don't get their OL situation resolved and our DL is firing on all cylinders.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
This is the part I don't get ... a lot of the media seemed to think we weren't going anywhere with Bradford, yet they downgrade us further because we don't have Bradford?

There's gonna be some head scratching in a few weeks when the Rams go 3-0 into the Bye week.

There's gonna be a ton of "off with their heads" as we go into the Philly game, too.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Just review all of the predictions on ESPN's NFL nation. The bad news is we are in a 4-way tie for last at 6-10 along w/ the Raiders, Browns and Jaguars. The good news, IF true we get the 4th pick next year.

My perdiction is 8-8 most likely and best case scenario is 10-6.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Just review all of the predictions on ESPN's NFL nation. The bad news is we are in a 4-way tie for last at 6-10 along w/ the Raiders, Browns and Jaguars. The good news, IF true we get the 4th pick next year.

My perdiction is 8-8 most likely and best case scenario is 10-6.

I think 8-8 is pretty close (with a little luck) and (if) they can stay reasonably healthy. The middle of the schedule is brutal, although I believe they'll win the first meeting with SF. Best case scenario? I thought (again with luck) and (with) Bradford, 11-5 was within the realm of possibility. Today I'd have to say it's closer to 9-7 and that's with "lightening" striking all over the place. o_O