2014 NHL Draft Results

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If any of you guys are interested, here are the Blues picks (at least, the guys I consider having a shot to make it to the NHL):

Robbie Fabbri - center - 5'10", 170 lbs. (#21 overall). Canada.

Ivan Barbashev - center - 6'1", 180 lbs. (#33 overall). Russia.

Maxim Letunov - center - 6'3", 150 lbs. (#52 overall). Russia.

Jake Walman - defenseman - 6'0" 170 lbs. (#82 overall). Canada.

Ville Husso - goalie - 6'3", 205 lbs. (#94 overall). Finland.

Austin Poganski - winger, 6'2", 195 lbs. (#110 overall). United States.

The guys that stand out immediately from the crowd are Fabbri and Barbashev. Fabbri is a great playmaker with the puck on his stick, and he has a nice shot as well. Needs to bulk up a bit, but reminds some of Theo Fleury without all of the problems.

Barbashev plays over in Canada, and he was regarded as a top fifteen pick and one of the best scoring centers in the draft as well as one of the most well-rounded players period. Reminds some of a more talented Ryan Kesler.

Letunov plays in the United States, and he's apparently a very talented stick-handler and playmaker. He really needs to pack on some weight to his frame, but if he can do that, he'll be an offensive dynamo.

Walman used to be a forward, and he's one of the fastest defensemen in this class. Needs to work on defense and gain muscle, but he's another great addition to an already potent corps of defensemen.

Husso was the top-ranked European goalie in this draft class, and we got him in the fourth round. Enough said.

Poganski is a guy who perfectly fits a bottom six role. He plays with a mean streak, aggressively, and he does everything on the ice for his team, including the penalty kill. He does have offensive upside, but I see a Dwight King-like role for him in the future.

Has anyone else looked at this draft? If so, please feel free to share how you think your team did.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Rich get richer, I love LA's draft. Guys get plenty of time to develop, restocks our prospect pool, and we wont need any of them for years anyway. I was sad to see Vey get traded (especially to Vancouver), but he had no space in LA so I wasn't shocked. He's ready for the NHL, but he's not really a bottom six guy, certainly not a shutdown 3rd liner over Stoll, and he's not going to out Kopitar or Carter in the top 6, so it was better for everyone if they let him move on to a team he's got a shot to play on.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rich get richer, I love LA's draft. Guys get plenty of time to develop, restocks our prospect pool, and we wont need any of them for years anyway. I was sad to see Vey get traded (especially to Vancouver), but he had no space in LA so I wasn't shocked. He's ready for the NHL, but he's not really a bottom six guy, certainly not a shutdown 3rd liner over Stoll, and he's not going to out Kopitar or Carter in the top 6, so it was better for everyone if they let him move on to a team he's got a shot to play on.

Yeah, Roland McKeown was a steal of a pick in the second round; there were some people saying that he could go in the first, and he was easily the top defenseman on the board in the second round. And Adrian Kempe is a very talented winger, which I think you could use. You're right; the rich got richer in this draft.