2014 NFL Schedule: Which teams got hosed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think we need the Hitler video showing his disgust with our schedule... hint hint :whistle:
Man - that is an excellent idea. I have been out all week with the worst flu I've ever had and I am leaving town tomorrow for my anniversary and a brewers festival. I will seriously try to put some time into something like that when I get caught up.

scifiman

I just had a vision that instead of it being a bad thing being on the road 3 weeks it turned out to be good. The team really bonded on the road. They come on strong at the finish and beat the Seahawks in Seattle to get into the playoffs and denying Seattle the playoffs. Would be sweet.

Alan

Legend
RamFan503 with this bombshell:
I am leaving town tomorrow for my anniversary and a brewers festival. I will seriously try to put some time into something like that when I get caught up.
I hope you're getting your strength back, what with your tough schedule and all. :ROFLMAO: ;)

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Hitler-rehearsing-his-public-speeches-in-front-of-the-mirror-91-620x.jpg
[/av]
I am sending the SS and all my henchman to the commissioners office to demand a new Schedule

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's where I'm at.

Freak it.

Finishing in Seattle is BS. I'm wondering how the NFL explains that.

How about a home game week 17, for a freaking change?

Seriously. F giving us Seattle in Seattle every year. Switch it from year to year.

Regardless, tough schedule or not, it's in our hands to win the games. Don't care if it's tough, win enough to get to the playoffs...and if you do, you'll be happy you had the difficult road. The Bye does suck. They're helpful for getting guys healthy.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Look at it this way.... When we make the playoffs we'll be battle tested!

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Hey at least if the Rams make the playoffs we know they are for real and not some pansy ass patriot team that gets a cakewalk every year.

On a side note don't try and tell me the NFL doesn't play favorites with that last game being in Seattle.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I like this schedule so bring it the Fuck On!

Every game will make us more accountable the following week. To me its a progressive start and I can't wait to see it all unfold.

Seriously, WE want nothing more to finish in SEA, think about it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just had a vision that instead of it being a bad thing being on the road 3 weeks it turned out to be good. The team really bonded on the road. They come on strong at the finish and beat the Seahawks in Seattle to get into the playoffs and denying Seattle the playoffs. Would be sweet.
Probably the least objectionable thing to me is the three road games in a row. Putting what - 7 games in a row against playoff teams and then finishing on the road against the SB champs is just a poke in the eye.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I like this schedule so bring it the freak On!

Every game will make us more accountable the following week. To me its a progressive start and I can't wait to see it all unfold.

Seriously, WE want nothing more to finish in SEA, think about it.
Four years in a row though? It's bs to me. Who wouldn't want to finish the season off at home.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seriously. F giving us Seattle in Seattle every year. Switch it from year to year.

Regardless, tough schedule or not, it's in our hands to win the games. Don't care if it's tough, win enough to get to the playoffs...and if you do, you'll be happy you had the difficult road. The Bye does suck. They're helpful for getting guys healthy.

I'd have to disagree in that if you play an extremely tough schedule throughout the year, you get beat up - winning or not. You play against the best of the best you are going to get thrashed. Do that 7 weeks in a row and you WILL have significant injuries and your top players have to be on the field too long as you can't sub in and out as you'd like. Hell - they even gave Tampa a huge advantage by scheduling that game early so that we would be playing in their climate on their turf.

While a tough schedule can really tune you up, it can do more to tear you down at times in the salary cap NFL. There's no mystery why most college teams throw in a few cupcakes. They have a little control over their schedule that way. In the NFL there are no real cupcakes but there ARE very brutal defenses and ridiculous offenses. In college, the cupcakes generally have neither.

Then add to that an early bye week and who in the hell is going to be healthy for a playoff run?

I suppose the one thing they did for us is that we have an early bye after we got screwed and have to play Tampa in 95 degree 100% humidity.

PhxRam

You have that stats pass.. Any correlation to injuries as to when they occur? meaning are there more injuries earlier in the year because guys are not up to game shape? Just curious if there is any trend.

RamBill

Legend

Tipsheet: Once again Rams face brutal schedule

• By Jeff Gordon

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_09b0e462-bb42-5db4-9613-efa689a5f6d5.html

The Rams better get off to a good start this season because the middle of their schedule is savage.

Year 3 of the Jeff Fisher Regime opens with a home game against Minnesota, a game at Tampa Bay and a home game against Dallas. The Rams will have every chance to win early.

Then comes an early bye week, probably too early to be of value.

And then comes serious trouble: Games at Philadelphia, at home to San Francisco (on Monday night), at home to Seattle, at Kansas City, at San Francisco, at Arizona -- three in a row on the road! -- and then back home against Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.

If the Rams are still in one piece at playing at San Diego next, things ease up a bit with games at home to Oakland, at Washington and at home to Arizona (on short rest on Thursday night) and the New York Giants. Then the season ends with the traditional game in the Seattle madhouse.

Whew! That schedule has "7-9" written all over it. In fact, ESPN tabbed the over-under at 7.

It's bad enough playing in the NFC West, but forcing that division to play tough AFC West teams this season is just piling on.

Based on last season's records, this schedule ranks as the third-hardest in the NFL. They play seven playoff teams during a span of eight games.

The Rams will need to rebuild their home-field advantage and beat some powerful teams in The Ed to get to the high side of .500.

Wish them well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd have to disagree in that if you play an extr
emely tough schedule throughout the year, you get beat up - winning or not. You play against the best of the best you are going to get thrashed. Do that 7 weeks in a row and you WILL have significant injuries and your top players have to be on the field too long as you can't sub in and out as you'd like. Hell - they even gave Tampa a huge advantage by scheduling that game early so that we would be playing in their climate on their turf.

While a tough schedule can really tune you up, it can do more to tear you down at times in the salary cap NFL. There's no mystery why most college teams throw in a few cupcakes. They have a little control over their schedule that way. In the NFL there are no real cupcakes but there ARE very brutal defenses and ridiculous offenses. In college, the cupcakes generally have neither.

Yea, it can. But if you get through it, your team is battle tested and ready for playoff competition.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You have that stats pass.. Any correlation to injuries as to when they occur? meaning are there more injuries earlier in the year because guys are not up to game shape? Just curious if there is any trend.

I don't think they keep that data. I'm not sure of the answer.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Every schedule in the NFL is tough.
That's why it's my favorite sport to watch.