2014 Free Agents that interest you.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Clearly we have needs still. I don't think we will be big spenders this offseason, but then again I didn't think we'd be this past offseason either so who know.

But just curious to see what all of your thoughts might be on where we look.

As far as myself...I'd like to see a new veteran backup QB. We could do worse than Kellen, but I'd definitely take a look-see and try to upgrade. Maybe the Bears let McCown walk? Doubtful...other guys I'd look at are Colt McCoy, Josh Freeman, Chad Henne, and Derek Anderson. (I state this fully expecting the Rams to also draft a QB at some point.)

I don't think they look at RBs unless some kind unique situation arises.

WR...I'd entertain a few guys for sure...Anquan Boldin, Eric Decker, Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, Jeremy Maclin, and James Jones...with varying degrees of interest obviously.

TE..I think we role with what we have.

OL...I'd try to re-sign Saffold to play G. I'd also look at guys like Alex MackMichael Oher, David Diehl, Matt Slaussen, and Kevin Boothe. Any other guys out there that interest anyone? This is an area that names aren't as well known.

DL....I don't foresee much attention here.

LB...I'd hope Dunbar is re-signed. I like our young depth here as well. If anything, I think you look to the draft.

DB...I'd love to see Vontae Davis targetted...and Jariyus Byrd....though again, I'd suspect this are is coming from the draft.

THoughts? Ideas? Insults?

OhioRam

Rookie
Varner Cb from ten is the guy I want...can play the big Wr we face very well

V3

Hall of Fame
I think any WR's that would make much of a difference will cost too much so I'd rather just try and get one in the draft. Also, most big FA WR's usually never live up to their contract. Vincent Jackson is about the only one in recent memory that I can think of that has.

My major targets are OG, CB, and S. We need two CB's and a ballhaking FS. With how much Jenkins has regressed and how easily he's pushed around, I'm starting to think he'd be better off at FS so maybe we wouldn't have to get a S. Fisher would never go for that though. At OG, we might need two as well. Williams is horrible and Dahl is old, overpaid, and nothing special.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I'd like Henne if the price were right. Solid backup.

I just don't see the FO adding a WR in FA, goes against their philosophy. But I would give James Jones a 1 year deal or steal Golden Taint from Seattle!

I'd give Boothe & Slausen a look at OG, as I think we need 2 this offseason. Dahl is unlikely to be kept at his un-guaranteed salary of $4M & I think we could add a 1 year stop gap like the about guards & look to draft a LG in the mid rounds to replace the putrid Williams.

A guy I really like is Brent Grimes. Signed a 1 year contract with Miami coming off an achilles & has played well. I'd give him a look if the price were right; he'd be a good replacement to Finn in the slot (a slot CB isn't worth $10M).

Safety seems to be a popular position for many in the draft, but if we aleviated enough cap I'd look at Byrd, TJ Ward, & Major Wright. A vet on the back end would help the D.

Otherwise, no big name FAs I think we target. We have limited cap with guys like Finn eating away, plus we could use a Sam restructure. Of course there will be some depth added through FA like every year

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
None of them. Fuck FA. Tired of getting duped in and the guys underperforming. Resign our own.

fearsomefour

Legend
Jon Asamoah G Chiefs….Kevin Booth G NYG….Byrd S Buffalo….Brandon Browner CB Seattle….Sam Shields CB Green Bay….Slausen G, Incognito G.

BigHornRAMM

Rookie
Name
BigHorn
We are really strapped for cash, not sure we can go out and sign a lot unless we dump some contracts.. Free Agents can burn you IE: Cook, and Wallace in Miami

RamEERS

Pastor
WR - need a big body here... mostly looking at Nicks and to a lesser degree.. Britt... even if he is a bonehead

CB is a huge need.... need leadership here, finny is not a role model to these young guys which is why flags have been flying

lockdnram21

Legend
i say nicks maybe he could teach quick a thing or 2 that is who quick says he models his game after

fearsomefour

Legend

Those cuts would free up $12.5 vs the cap, with a large rookie pool needed and some FAs Im sure the Rams would like to resign (Barnes, Smith, Dunbar maybe Saffold) it doesn't leave that much money. In order for the Rams to sign a big money FA (Bryd at S for example) Bradford and maybe others will have to redo their deals. Saffold and Williams money counts about an additional $2.3 vs the cap.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Brandon Browner CB Seattle

Cornerback Brandon Browner, has been given a one-year suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse, will continue the appeal process after turning down a deal to shorten the ban, NFL.com reported.
Browner was given the opportunity to reduce the ban by nearly three months, according to a Friday report by Fox Sports. The decision means Browner could find himself out of action until next December if the appeal isn't successful.

Browner, 29, set to become an unrestricted free agent after the season, has not played since injuring his groin against the Atlanta Falcons on Nov. 10. He returned to practice this week but already has been ruled out of Sunday's game against the San Francisco 49ers.

A key member of the Seattle secondary, Browner made the Pro Bowl as a 27-year-old rookie after going undrafted out of Oregon State. He played three seasons in the CFL before garnering his first NFL job.

Seattle (11-1), which own's the league's best record, can clinch the NFC West with a win against the 49ers.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...eattle-seahawks-turns-deal-suspension-reduced

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I sure do not see numerous UFA signings in 2014. I am interested in about a half dozen myself mostly OL'ers. But I have a very cold feeling about Snead's & Fishers ability to perform well in this area. :uhm:

UFA season starts in about three months..The Rams previous last two UFA periods now soon to be three yrs back has mixed reviews. I am still in critical condition on the 2012 secondary Cortland Finnegan event. I am mad as hell @ the Ram most expensive 2013 UFA receiver Jared Cook investment too. 2012 top OL UFA Scott Wells has been close to a disaster (knee surgery early 2012 then broken foot surgery after first Ram game, then knee cartilage surgery after the 2012 season & now his lower leg is broke) disaster too strong what would you call it? The best of Snead & Fishers non Ram UFA'a OT Jake Long & DT Kendall Langford were fair to good signings so 2 out of 5 ???:yousure: Hey Snead & Fisher please be cautious here in a few months. I would be trying to unload two former UFA's (Wells & Finnegan). Save your UFA available cap $$ for Rams like Saffold, Dunbar, Shelley Smith & Tim Barnes. Then save more cap $$ for 2015 UFA's DE Quinn, TE Kendricks & ORT Barksdale!

ausmurp

Starter
We absolutely need a veteran presence at WR and safety. I say bring in Anquan Boldin. He has proven time and again he can still play at a high level regardless of his slowness. He can teach the young guys too, something our WR corps has been lacking for quite some time now.

fancents86

Starter
The only FA i want to see in a Rams jersey next season is Byrd. The other concerns can be fixed in the draft or by finding better coordinators. cough *walton* cough

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
We absolutely need a veteran presence at WR and safety. I say bring in Anquan Boldin. He has proven time and again he can still play at a high level regardless of his slowness. He can teach the young guys too, something our WR corps has been lacking for quite some time now.

I agree, We need a vet WR.

Alan

Legend
Angry Ram pissed off and brainy:
None of them. Freak FA. Tired of getting duped in and the guys underperforming. Resign our own.
+1 :bigup:
Which one do we keep? :D

fearsomefour

Legend
I got those numbers from looking at a couple of sites, they had the cap reduction of cutting those guys at the numbers I listed. Maybe their numbers are wrong or maybe I misunderstood them. If your numbers are accurate (although that is the first I have heard number that big for cutting those guys) all the better. The sites I looked at did not distinguish anything related to release dates.
I saw where Barnes is a ERFA, good news as far as Im concerned, means he is not going anywhere. I agree about Smith, should be kept at a relatively low cost, Dunbar….interesting case with him. He was not super valued before he came to St. Louis and your right no one signed him when he was released. Will be interesting to see if he gets any interesting come the offseason. Dunbar certainly did not help his bargaining position with the Rams. The other guy that is interesting to me (as far as how his salary will be impacted) is Incognito. Hes deal was paying him (going off of memory here) about $5M this year. He is a bit limited in his ability to pull or move, but, he can over whelm guys at the point of attack and has been a Pro Bowl player. Will be interesting to me to see if someone gets him on the cheap.