19 Justin Veltung days 'til the draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
This guy is going all the way to the HOF! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not+going+all+the+way.jpg

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This guy is going all the way to the HOF! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not+going+all+the+way.jpg

Buddha doesnt have a better road for me to drive on? Because if that is my only option I wont even be starting to go all the way.

Alan

Legend
Yeah, that's the second mistake. ;)

“There are always two choices. Two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it’s easy.”
Unknown
Buddha11.jpg

Good morning Bob!

PhxRam

Yeah, that's the second mistake. ;)

“There are always two choices. Two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it’s easy.”

How about all those individuals who are left feeling like a complete failure because they never were able to finish the hard path? At least with the easier path people are left with a sense of accomplishment.

Buddha didnt think this shit through.

69superbowl

Rookie
I was talking to a group of people at a very tense, possibly violent downtown protest march. I offered to bring both sides together. Finally one woman said: "John, Unite us." I told her: Look lady, my name's not John, and I'm a Ram fan.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I was going to go with Bob Lee, backup QB for the Rams in the first SB year. Then thought, there's really no other "19" than Johnny U. But couldn't really tie him to the Rams so I wasn't sure it would fit my theme. Then I forgot altogether because I had a bunch of errands and projects to do last night and never got on the computer.

Thanks for keeping it going PhxRam. :)

Alan

Legend
moklerman barely missing a refreshing swim:
I was going to go with Bob Lee, backup QB for the Rams in the first SB year. Then thought, there's really no other "19" than Johnny U. But couldn't really tie him to the Rams so I wasn't sure it would fit my theme. Then I forgot altogether because I had a bunch of errands and projects to do last night and never got on the computer.

Thanks for keeping it going PhxRam. :)
HA!
history-pirate-pirating-walk_the_plank-planks-walked-dro0900l.jpg

PhxRam

[parsehtml]
<object width="300" height="28" class="hark_player">
<param name="movie" value="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_fb.swf?pid=dxvfhmjvrd"/>
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>
<param name="allownetworking" value="all"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<embed src="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_fb.swf?pid=dxvfhmjvrd" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" width="300" height="28" wmode="transparent"></embed>
</object><br/>
<a href="http://www.hark.com/clips/dxvfhmjvrd-why-am-i-such-a-misfit" style="font-size: 9px; color: #ddd;" title="Listen to on Hark.com"></a>
[/parsehtml]

moklerman

Warner-phile
It must be too early, I don't get it. But I do think Unitas is synonymous with #19. That when one thinks of that number, he's the one who comes to mind. Kind of like Jordan and #23 or Robinson and #42. Sure, Bernie Kosar and Keyshawn Johnson wore #19 but IMO, Unitas owns it.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Let's not forget the immortal #19 Billy Williams WR, who did nothing in his brief time with the Rams.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Dang it, I kept thinking Bill Munson was #19 but talked myself out of using him because I thought I was wrong and that he wore #9. But I was confusing him with Billy Wade.

Wasn't there a book written about Munson's rookie season with the Rams? I know they did one with Pat Haden but I read a different one when I was a kid and I'm pretty sure it was about Munson.

EDIT: Okay, it was bugging me too much and I had to look it up. Actually, I've still got a copy of it so I didn't have to look too far but it's called "the Rookie" by Tex Maule. But it's a novel, not a biography. It's about a rookie QB for the Rams but it's fictional. Maule actually worked for the Rams while Pete Rozelle was there but I haven't been able to find out if the story was inspired by a real guy or just a made up story using the Rams as a backdrop.
51U9Vze4W0L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited: