11 Worst Teammates in Recent NFL History

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://thesportsdrop.com/11-worst-t...sCloseUp&utm_campaign=nfl_worst_teammates_ysa

11. Bill Romanowski

Bill-Romanowski.jpg

Bill Romanowski was well-known for his unsportsmanlike behaviors, including spitting in J.J. Stokes’ face, kicking Larry Centers in the head, and hitting quarterback Kerry Collins with a helmet-first shot that broke Collins’ jaw. But when Romanowski’s bullying began to affect his own team, that’s when people realized just how bad his behavior had truly gotten. In 2003, after a brief — and routine — training camp scuffle with teammate Marcus Williams, Romanowski slugged Williams, shattering his eye socket and chipping his teeth. Williams testified that after he blocked Romanowski during a running drill, Romanowski grabbed his helmet and then ripped it off before the crushing blow was delivered. As you can see, the impact of the punch wasn’t pretty. Williams, who never played another snap in the NFL, later sued Romanowski in court, and was awarded $340,000 in damages.

-------------------------------------------

10. Keyshawn Johnson
Keyshawn-Johnson.jpg

Where do we begin with Keyshawn Johnson? After playing just one season in the NFL with the New York Jets, Johnson published a controversial book, in which he ripped his head coach (Rich Kotite) and called his quarterback (Neil O’Donnell) “a stiff.” The book, along with several other narcissistic actions, ultimately led his teammates to label him with the nickname “Me-Shawn.” If all that wasn’t already bad enough, there was also his ongoing (and one-sided) feud with undrafted wide receiver Wayne Chrebet, whom Johnson loathed even though Chrebet was one of the most beloved players on the team. According to teammates, Johnson resented the love and attention Chrebet (who was far less talented) received from the fans and media. The Jets eventually traded Johnson to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where Johnson openly feuded with head coach Jon Gruden. That led to the Buccaneers trading Johnson in 2004, making it twice Johnson was traded in five seasons. Few players in recent history have done a better job of sabotaging their own career.

-------------------------------------------

9. Ryan Leaf
Ryan-Leaf.jpg

Coming out of Washington State in 1998, Ryan Leaf was an extremely gifted quarterback prospect. It sounds crazy to think about it now, but there was a time where it was a legitimate debate as to whether he should be taken ahead of Peyton Manning in the 1998 NFL draft. The problem was, Leaf’s arrogance and narcissistic attitude exceeded any physical gifts he had. As soon as he faced adversity in the NFL, as a rookie in San Diego, he immediately began to lash out at everyone around him: teammates, coaches, and the media. His ego simply didn’t allow the idea that he could be a part of the problem to ever cross his mind, and his teammates eventually began to resent his totally lackadaisical and detached attitude towards his career and his team. Since retiring from the NFL — after three of the worst seasons in league history — Leaf has been arrested at least 5 times for burglary and drug possession. Maybe his experience in prison has taught him how to play well with others…

----------------------------------

8. Terrell Owens
Terrell-Owens.jpg

Terrell Owens will go down as one of the most decorated wide receivers in NFL history, but his candidacy for the Hall of Fame will be very fragile because of how much controversy he brought to nearly every stop in his career. In San Francisco, Owens made remarks to Playboy magazine suggesting that his quarterback, Jeff Garcia, was a homosexual. In Philadelphia, he publicly questioned quarterback Donovan McNabb’s conditioning after the Eagles lost the Super Bowl, and had a very public holdout for more money (which included plenty of interviews where he made negative comments about the team’s front office and ownership). In Dallas, he had public outbursts when he felt he wasn’t being used correctly in the offense, and also never shied away from making public comments about whatever was on his mind. Let’s put it this way… Terrell Owens made Keyshawn Johnson look like an angel, and that’s saying a lot!

-----------------------------------

7. Percy Harvin
Percy-Harvin.jpg

Percy Harvin wasn’t exactly known for handling disagreements in a professional manner beforehe got to the NFL. During his high school days, Harvin was suspended numerous times for unsportsmanlike behaviors and disagreements with game officials. And as his national accolades grew — Harvin was a five star recruit coming out of high school — so did his ego. His inflated sense of self-worth always annoyed those around him. Things finally reached a boiling point in 2014, when Harvin was a member of the Seattle Seahawks. Not only did Harvin voluntarily sit out a game over his disapproval from the way the Seahawks were using him, he routinely started fist-fights with other receivers on the Seahawks, teammates Doug Baldwin and Golden Taint. Before the Super Bowl against the Denver Broncos, Harvin punched Taint during practicing, leaving him with a black-eye that was obvious to see during media events. Unfortunately, a Super Bowl ring wasn’t even enough to make Harvin happy, and keep him from fighting teammates. After more physical altercations with teammates in Seattle, the Seahawks shipped Harvin to the New York Jets for a conditional draft pick.

--------------------------------------

6. Tim Tebow
Tim-Tebow.jpg

How incredibly ironic that a person with almost no personal flaws, a person so deeply grounded in their faith, and a person so beloved by teammates and fans alike in college, could turn out to be one of the most disliked players in the NFL? Yet, that’s exactly what happened with Tim Tebow during his NFL career. The thing was: nobody actually disliked Tebow as a person, because there was little they could dislike about him as a human being. But the constant media attention and scrutiny around his ultra-conservative beliefs quickly caused resentment from his teammates who got sick of answering questions about a guy who they didn’t really respect as a player. Wherever he went, an extra slew of media cameras followed, which annoyed teammates to no end. It’s safe to assume history will repeat itself as Tebow attempts to make a name for himself as a baseball player.

-------------------------------------

5. Lawrence Phillips
Lawrence-Phillips.jpg

Photo via: Getty Images

It’s not usually the best practice to talk poorly of the deceased, but it’s hard to dispute the fact that Lawrence Phillips, in general, was a pretty awful human being. When St. Louis Rams’ head coach Dick Vermeil benched Phillips, thanks to his string of inconsistent performances and continued troubles off the field, instead of taking the move as a wakeup call, Phillips stormed out of Vermeil’s office and skipped that day’s meeting and practice. After he bounced around the NFL, and NFL Europe, the 49ers signed Phillips in 1999. Unfortunately, things didn’t go any better while Phillips was in San Francisco. He was such an unwilling pass blocker that he couldn’t be used in passing situations. He famously whiffed on the block that ended up being the hit that ended Steve Young’s career. Eventually, Phillips was waived later that season, ending his embarrassing three year career in the NFL.

---------------------------------

4. Richie Incognito
Richie-Incognito.jpg

The attention we have in today’s culture around anti-bullying campaigns, and the focus we’ve placed on creating environments both for our children, and in the workplace, might have originated from the scandal that made Richie Incognito persona non grata with the American public. Incognito was always one of those guys who teammates never wanted to get on the wrong side of, and once he began to sense some level of weakness in former teammate Jonathan Martin, he began to bully and torment Martin. Incognito’s behavior included him sending messages with racial slurs — for being different than your stereotypical “jock.” Incognito was out of the NFL for the entire 2014 season as a result of the waves his behavior created.

3. Deion Sanders
Deion-Sanders.jpg

As a member of the Dallas Cowboys dynasty in the 1990’s, Deion Sanders was a four-time Pro Bowl selection, and a four-time All Pro selection. Unfortunately, for his teammates and coaches, he was also a world class headache. According to teammates and coordinators, Sanders would sit totally disinterested in defensive meetings, arrogantly stating he would take care of shutting down his guy, and it was up to the rest of the defense to worry about the scheme. According to former teammate Kevin Smith, Sanders was a horrible influence on his teammates — “when Deion came in, something changed for the worst. Guys who should have been studying football on a Wednesday…were focused on other things.” Some teammates took things a step further, providing this quote for sportswriter Jeff Pearlman, “he was just a bad dude, a bad teammate, a bad example, a bad egg, who happened to be a real good football player.”

------------------------------------

2. Jeff George
Jeff-George.jpg

As a pure passer, Jeff George was one of the most gifted prospects of his generation. There was good reason he was the #1 overall pick in the 1990 NFL draft. The problem was, there was also good reason he bounced around eight different NFL teams over his 14 year career. For as gifted a passer as he was, nearly everyone around him felt he relied far too much on his physical gifts alone, and never really wanted to put in the work to be a leader. There were constant refrains from people, when describing George: didn’t want to prepare, didn’t want to be a good teammate, didn’t want to compete. We can all agree these are essential qualities of anyone seeking to be a good quarterback in the NFL.

1. Charles Haley
Charles-Haley.jpg

We saved the best (but really the worst) for last… Charles Haley is the only player in the storied history of the NFL with five Super Bowl rings. But some of the other stories about Haley’s behavior in the locker room are just as unprecedented. Haley was known to try and push the buttons of any teammate he possibly could, looking for players he believed to be mentally weak, so he could bully them. To further prove the extent of his manhood, he was fond of pulling out his “junk” wherever he pleased — sometimes even in team meetings — and either showing off its size, or pleasuring himself while talking about other player’s wives. According to former teammates, Haley cut a hole in the roof of teammate Tim Harris’ car, got on top, and pissed inside. Haley, a member of the Hall of Fame, is lucky he played in an era that did not have a 24 hour news cycle or social media.

fearsomefour

Legend
Haha.
Good stuff.
Romo was juiced out of his mind.
Haley was just out of his mind. He was on phych meds and has mental problems.
The rest? Misunderstood.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Why isn't Steve Smith on here? Dude punched a teammate, also gets into fights, and is a huge loudmouth.

Oh sorry, that's called "toughness". STAHP.

RamzFanz

Damnit
As much as I don't want to defend anyone on this list... is Richie Incognito worse than Lawrance Phillips?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As much as I don't want to defend anyone on this list... is Richie Incognito worse than Lawrance Phillips?
As a human being? No.
As a teammate? Yeah, probably.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm surprised to hear that about Sanders. I know the guy was a diva but I always thought he cared about the game enough to study his opponent.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, I remember the Lawrence Phillips draft by Rams General Steve Ortmayer, I wanted Eddie George & Marvin Harrison with the two first round selections and the Rams went Phillips and Eddie Kennison...They liked Kennison better for his size and ability to return punts and after Ortmayer watched Phillips against the Florida Gators, he was smitten!
julien-shaking-head.gif

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
LMAO....really? I'm sure there have got to be worse teammates...the pissing in the car thing...man, I don't care if YOU ARE badder than me...I'm trying to put a foot in Haley's ass....

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
a little harsh on Tebow there i think ....i mean i might be wrong (and it wouldn't be the first time ammirite) but because of the way the media treated him (following asking his teamates about TT instead of him etc) doesnt really make him a bad team mate does it? .... unless he forced his religious beliefs on people,,, i mean being on a list with the likes of meshawn and owens ..

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
LMAO....really? I'm sure there have got to be worse teammates...the pissing in the car thing...man, I don't care if YOU ARE badder than me...I'm trying to put a foot in Haley's ass....

Yup.

If Haley pulled out his junk and started whacking it while talking about my woman he'd be putting a bloody stump back in his pants then digging through the dumpster to find out where his dick was.

But I don't know if that story is true, if he really did that but if he did I can't believe he got away with it. Plenty of guys would have gotten a bat or golf club and beaten him into a pulp. So I'm not sure it's much more than a myth.

Peeing in a car after cutting a hole in the roof sounds unlikely too.

Strange shit for sure.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I'm surprised to hear that about Sanders. I know the guy was a diva but I always thought he cared about the game enough to study his opponent.

He was always a cocky SOB. Great player with unbelievable talent, but he didn't like to work hard. Jerry Rice despised him for it for years.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
and was awarded $340,000 in damages.

I would let Romanowski(cough...roids...cough) punch me for that amount of cash. Heck, I've been punched many times for free. :) I wonder what kind of teammates the following players were?
http://www.arrestrecords.com/the-15-worst-crimes-committed-by-nfl-players/

The 15 Worst Crimes Committed by NFL Players
by arrestrecords

15. Keith Wright

Wright’s NFL career includes a year played with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. On August 29, 2012 Wright was arrested in connection with home invasions and sexual assaults that took place in Sacramento, California. On November 30, 2012 he was found guilty of 19 charges and has been sentenced to 234 years and eight months in prison.

14. “O. J.”Simpson

In one of the most televised criminal court proceedings, OJ Simpson, whose career includes playing for the Buffalo Bills and the San Francisco 49ers, was accused of kidnapping and the murder of his wife Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman. On October 3, 1998, a jury found him not guilty of the two murders.

13. Ryan Leaf

Leaf’s career included playing for the San Diego Chargers, the Dallas Cowboys, the Seattle Seahawks, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Between March 30 and May 8 of 2013, Leaf was arrested for multiple theft and drug charges. On June 19, 2012, he received a seven-year sentence and is currently incarcerated at the Crossroads Correctional Center in Montana.

12. Travis Henry

Henry’s career includes playing in the NFL for the Tennessee Titans, the Denver Broncos, and the Buffalo Bills. On September 30, 2008, Henry was arrested in connection with a cocaine deal that took place in Colorado. On July 15, 2009, he received a three-year sentence in connection with cocaine trafficking.

11. Thomas “Hollywood” Henderson

Playing as a linebacker from 1975 to 1980 with the Dallas Cowboys, Henderson had a career that included a visit to the Pro Bowl and 3 Super Bowl victories. Henderson was convicted of smoking cocaine with two teenage girls and exchanging drugs for consensual sex. Henderson decided to plea no contest to the charges and had eight months in a rehab center and 28 months in prison.

10. Dwayne Goodrich

This cornerback for the Dallas Cowboys was involved in a hit-and-run on January 14, 2003. Two people were killed in this incident. As a result, Goodrich served eight years in prison on two counts of criminally negligent homicide. He was released from prison on October 5, 2011.

9. Cecil J. P. “The Diesel” Collins

Drafted first of the fifth-round in a 1999 NFL draft, Collins appeared to have a great future ahead of him in the NFL. After playing only eight games in the 1999 season, he had 414 yards and 2 touchdowns. Sadly, on December 16, 1999, Collins broke into a home of a married woman in Florida that he had met at the gym. Admitting to the crime, Collins said he only wanted to watch her sleep. Collins was sentenced to 15 years in prison. He was released on May 1, 2013

8. Robert Rozier

Rozier was only an NFL player for six games. He was let go from the St. Louis Cardinals after being suspected of drug abuse. After being let go from the team, Rozier joined a black supremacist religious group that required its members to murder white people and return their body parts to the cult’s leader. Rozier admitted to murdering seven people, and he received a 10 year prison sentence after making a deal to testify against the cult leader.

7. Rae Carruth

This Carolina Panthers wide receiver had a promising career towards the latter part of the 90’s. However, all of that disappeared when he hired a friend to murder Cherica Adams, the woman who was pregnant with his child. Adams died, but the child survived. Carruth became a fugitive and was later captured hiding in the trunk of his car. He was charged with murder and received an 18 to 25 year prison sentence.

6. Jovan Belcher

Born on July 24, 1987, Belcher was an exceptional athlete who eventually played for the Kansas City Chiefs in the NFL. On December 1, 2012, Belcher shot and killed Cassandra Perkins, the mother of his three month old daughter. After the murder, Belcher drove to visit his coach and the team’s general manager. There he was quoted as saying that he ‘was not able to get enough help.’ Belcher then turned the gun on himself and committed suicide.

5. Eric Naposki

At 6’2”, Eric Naposki was an imposing force on the football field. Playing for the New England Patriots between 1988 in 1997, Eric had a successful career in the NFL. However, on May 21, 2009, Eric’s life changed for the worse when he was charged with a murder that took place in December 1994. Eric was charged with killing Nanette Johnston’s boyfriend Bill McLaughlin so that Johnston could collect McLaughlin’s life insurance policy. Naposki was convicted of the crime and sentenced to life in prison without parole on August 10, 2012.

4. Darrell Russell

In one of the most shocking crimes committed by an NFL player, Oakland Raider defensive tackle, Dan Russell, along with two other companions, videotaped themselves as they brutally attacked and raped a woman from Pennsylvania. This attack, which allegedly took place over the course of five hours, was alleged to have been done after the victim had been slipped a date rape drug.

After police raided the home where the attack took place. they seized the videotape of the attack. Darrell was arrested and charged with a crime. However, prosecutors later dropped the case believing that the jury would not convict him. Three years after this incident, Russell died in a fatal car accident.

3. Jim Dunaway

At 6’5” 280 pounds, Jim Dunaway was a force to be reckoned with on the field. Jim has the unique privilege of being one of the individuals who played in the 1972 undefeated Miami Dolphins team. In 1998, Jim’s wife, Nonniel Dunaway was found dead in a swimming pool. The result of the autopsy showed that she had a fractured skull and was unconscious prior to being put into the half full swimming pool.

Jim was the primary suspect for the murder and was later arrested. However, the grand jury felt there was not enough evidence for an indictment, so Jim walked away scot-free. However, in 2002 his children filed civil wrongful death charges against him and received damages to the order of $500,000.

2. Ray Lewis

While attending a Super Bowl party in 2000, Ray Lewis, a then retired linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens, was accused of getting into a verbal and physical altercation with a couple of men who were also attending the celebration. These two men were later found stabbed to death. Suspicion fell upon Lewis after a search of his limousine and the suit that he was wearing revealed the blood of these two men. Lewis was indicted on two murder counts.

However, once the case went to trial, the prosecutor dropped it. To this day, the murder of the two men is an unsolved mystery. It is alleged that Lewis paid the family members of the murdered men in order to have the case dropped. Lewis eventually served one year probation after being charged with obstruction of justice because of misleading comments Lewis gave to law enforcement officials.

1. Aaron Hernandez

Shortly after signing on for a five year contract that included $12 million in signing bonuses, Aaron Hernandez was put in handcuffs and led away to police custody.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Hernandez

On August 22, 2013, Hernandez was indicted by a grand jury for the murder of Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player, in June 2013. On May 15, 2014, Hernandez was indicted for the 2012 double homicide of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado. On April 15, 2015, he was found guilty of first-degree murder in the Lloyd case, and is serving a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole at the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center.

Psycho_X

Legend
a little harsh on Tebow there i think ....i mean i might be wrong (and it wouldn't be the first time ammirite) but because of the way the media treated him (following asking his teamates about TT instead of him etc) doesnt really make him a bad team mate does it? .... unless he forced his religious beliefs on people,,, i mean being on a list with the likes of meshawn and owens ..

Got to agree, I'm not a Tebow fan at all but seems harsh to put him on a list of druggies, bullys, and people who feel like pleasuring themselves in front of anyone just because the media is a bunch of ****ing douchebags who followed him around like he was the pope playing football. I understand why teammates found the attention annoying... I found the attention such a bad football player got annoying myself... but to call him a bad teammate seems stupid.

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
7. Rae Carruth

This Carolina Panthers wide receiver had a promising career towards the latter part of the 90’s. However, all of that disappeared when he hired a friend to murder Cherica Adams, the woman who was pregnant with his child. Adams died, but the child survived. Carruth became a fugitive and was later captured hiding in the trunk of his car. He was charged with murder and received an 18 to 25 year prison sentence.

Wow I didn't know he only got 18-25... that seems like a pathetic sentence. He's got to be up for release fairly soon now. And his kid who was removed from his dead mother and survived will be entering adulthood when he's released. Just sad.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would let Romanowski(cough...roids...cough) punch me for that amount of cash. Heck, I've been punched many times for free. :) I wonder what kind of teammates the following players were?
http://www.arrestrecords.com/the-15-worst-crimes-committed-by-nfl-players/

The 15 Worst Crimes Committed by NFL Players
by arrestrecords

15. Keith Wright

Wright’s NFL career includes a year played with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. On August 29, 2012 Wright was arrested in connection with home invasions and sexual assaults that took place in Sacramento, California. On November 30, 2012 he was found guilty of 19 charges and has been sentenced to 234 years and eight months in prison.

14. “O. J.”Simpson

In one of the most televised criminal court proceedings, OJ Simpson, whose career includes playing for the Buffalo Bills and the San Francisco 49ers, was accused of kidnapping and the murder of his wife Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman. On October 3, 1998, a jury found him not guilty of the two murders.

13. Ryan Leaf

Leaf’s career included playing for the San Diego Chargers, the Dallas Cowboys, the Seattle Seahawks, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Between March 30 and May 8 of 2013, Leaf was arrested for multiple theft and drug charges. On June 19, 2012, he received a seven-year sentence and is currently incarcerated at the Crossroads Correctional Center in Montana.

12. Travis Henry

Henry’s career includes playing in the NFL for the Tennessee Titans, the Denver Broncos, and the Buffalo Bills. On September 30, 2008, Henry was arrested in connection with a cocaine deal that took place in Colorado. On July 15, 2009, he received a three-year sentence in connection with cocaine trafficking.

11. Thomas “Hollywood” Henderson

Playing as a linebacker from 1975 to 1980 with the Dallas Cowboys, Henderson had a career that included a visit to the Pro Bowl and 3 Super Bowl victories. Henderson was convicted of smoking cocaine with two teenage girls and exchanging drugs for consensual sex. Henderson decided to plea no contest to the charges and had eight months in a rehab center and 28 months in prison.

10. Dwayne Goodrich

This cornerback for the Dallas Cowboys was involved in a hit-and-run on January 14, 2003. Two people were killed in this incident. As a result, Goodrich served eight years in prison on two counts of criminally negligent homicide. He was released from prison on October 5, 2011.

9. Cecil J. P. “The Diesel” Collins

Drafted first of the fifth-round in a 1999 NFL draft, Collins appeared to have a great future ahead of him in the NFL. After playing only eight games in the 1999 season, he had 414 yards and 2 touchdowns. Sadly, on December 16, 1999, Collins broke into a home of a married woman in Florida that he had met at the gym. Admitting to the crime, Collins said he only wanted to watch her sleep. Collins was sentenced to 15 years in prison. He was released on May 1, 2013

8. Robert Rozier

Rozier was only an NFL player for six games. He was let go from the St. Louis Cardinals after being suspected of drug abuse. After being let go from the team, Rozier joined a black supremacist religious group that required its members to murder white people and return their body parts to the cult’s leader. Rozier admitted to murdering seven people, and he received a 10 year prison sentence after making a deal to testify against the cult leader.

7. Rae Carruth

6. Jovan Belcher

Born on July 24, 1987, Belcher was an exceptional athlete who eventually played for the Kansas City Chiefs in the NFL. On December 1, 2012, Belcher shot and killed Cassandra Perkins, the mother of his three month old daughter. After the murder, Belcher drove to visit his coach and the team’s general manager. There he was quoted as saying that he ‘was not able to get enough help.’ Belcher then turned the gun on himself and committed suicide.

5. Eric Naposki

At 6’2”, Eric Naposki was an imposing force on the football field. Playing for the New England Patriots between 1988 in 1997, Eric had a successful career in the NFL. However, on May 21, 2009, Eric’s life changed for the worse when he was charged with a murder that took place in December 1994. Eric was charged with killing Nanette Johnston’s boyfriend Bill McLaughlin so that Johnston could collect McLaughlin’s life insurance policy. Naposki was convicted of the crime and sentenced to life in prison without parole on August 10, 2012.

4. Darrell Russell

In one of the most shocking crimes committed by an NFL player, Oakland Raider defensive tackle, Dan Russell, along with two other companions, videotaped themselves as they brutally attacked and raped a woman from Pennsylvania. This attack, which allegedly took place over the course of five hours, was alleged to have been done after the victim had been slipped a date rape drug.

After police raided the home where the attack took place. they seized the videotape of the attack. Darrell was arrested and charged with a crime. However, prosecutors later dropped the case believing that the jury would not convict him. Three years after this incident, Russell died in a fatal car accident.

3. Jim Dunaway

At 6’5” 280 pounds, Jim Dunaway was a force to be reckoned with on the field. Jim has the unique privilege of being one of the individuals who played in the 1972 undefeated Miami Dolphins team. In 1998, Jim’s wife, Nonniel Dunaway was found dead in a swimming pool. The result of the autopsy showed that she had a fractured skull and was unconscious prior to being put into the half full swimming pool.

Jim was the primary suspect for the murder and was later arrested. However, the grand jury felt there was not enough evidence for an indictment, so Jim walked away scot-free. However, in 2002 his children filed civil wrongful death charges against him and received damages to the order of $500,000.

2. Ray Lewis

While attending a Super Bowl party in 2000, Ray Lewis, a then retired linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens, was accused of getting into a verbal and physical altercation with a couple of men who were also attending the celebration. These two men were later found stabbed to death. Suspicion fell upon Lewis after a search of his limousine and the suit that he was wearing revealed the blood of these two men. Lewis was indicted on two murder counts.

However, once the case went to trial, the prosecutor dropped it. To this day, the murder of the two men is an unsolved mystery. It is alleged that Lewis paid the family members of the murdered men in order to have the case dropped. Lewis eventually served one year probation after being charged with obstruction of justice because of misleading comments Lewis gave to law enforcement officials.

1. Aaron Hernandez

Shortly after signing on for a five year contract that included $12 million in signing bonuses, Aaron Hernandez was put in handcuffs and led away to police custody.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Hernandez

On August 22, 2013, Hernandez was indicted by a grand jury for the murder of Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player, in June 2013. On May 15, 2014, Hernandez was indicted for the 2012 double homicide of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado. On April 15, 2015, he was found guilty of first-degree murder in the Lloyd case, and is serving a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole at the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center.

Man i got to 8 and thought how isnt this number 1 ??? then i read on there is some screwed up peeps out there

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wow I didn't know he only got 18-25... that seems like a pathetic sentence. He's got to be up for release fairly soon now. And his kid who was removed from his dead mother and survived will be entering adulthood when he's released. Just sad.

That poor kid is struggling but living. He's got all kinds of issues from lack of blood/oxygen to his brain during the ordeal. It's a horrible thing and Carruth should have been put to death along with the heartless piece of shit that pulled the trigger while Carruth watched.