1 And Only JackDRams Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
This mock is the way I personally believe the Rams should go, for continued success. I tried to make it as realistic as possible, placing players in their respective ranges.

To start off the draft, we made a trade sending pick 37 in the second round to the bengals for pick 41 and pick 138 in the fourth round. They just really want someone that fell.

Round 2 Pick 41: LB TJ Watt Wisconsin
53E54153-41C3-4949-A8D0-386A3A43B142-6490-00000538792E3005.jpeg

Yes, I'm back on the Watt Wagon. Quite frankly, Barwin is here on a one year deal and Quinn has injury woes. And, he's a Watt. Bloodlines mean something.

Round 3 Pick 69: CB Teez Tabor Florida
8B9C8FF3-2B38-449F-9CD9-95A1A4B18723-6490-0000053938CC374E.png

Personally I'm ok with Jourdan Lewis here, but either way, we get a solid corner. Tabor will fall because he ran slow, but he's a case of being a better football player, then a practice guy. Nickell Robey-Coleman was a good get, but one year rental. Tru, who knows. Gaines, who knows. We need insurance.

Round 4 Pick 112: TE George Kittle Iowa
5087207D-59C9-4719-A684-A5C7472D5783-6490-0000053A03459BB9.jpeg

This guy is picking up steam, and it's no news that we need another TE. He's from Iowa, so you know he can block, and he has great hands. Good value here.

Round 4 Pick 138: DT Eddie Vanderdoes UCLA
E008613A-A8C5-4153-938C-CFA82C8208D9-6490-0000053AB525BB42.jpeg

This is pretty easy to explain, we need a big Ugly behind Brockers to provide some depth. Eddie gets the job done.

Round 4 Pick 141 WR Dede Westbrook Oklahoma
E2619FCE-BAE0-4E33-8881-7B472F4B5070-6490-0000053B5CF4FF68.png

He's going to fall because of his past bs with his baby mama. But he's a top tier WR talent. He's basically a Desean Jackson clone. And our offense needs that. Don't worry, we'll get insurance if he doesn't pan out. But he's been a good boy the last few years.

Round 5 Pick 149 C Chase Roullier Wyoming
D50E21EC-5544-4EDA-824F-F1556E5838D3-6490-0000053C1F9E5162.jpeg

Now we get a big Ugly on the other side of the ball to develop behind our rent a center John Sullivan.

Round 6 Pick 189 WR KD Cannon Baylor
78F5AE0C-25CE-4F70-9AAB-9218BE85BB96-6490-0000053CA9BE183C.jpeg

Personally not sure if KD falls this far, but we sure hope so. The Rams have met with him. He's insurance if Dede doesn't work out. Pretty damn good insurance.

Round 6 Pick 206 CB Channing Stribling Michigan
B65EDA5C-8777-4510-95FE-CA765F69AD7B-6490-0000053D415AE7AE.jpeg

I really like Channing, and do believe he falls pretty far due to the depth of this corner class. Some more insurance for our corner group. Has some flaws that need to be worked on, but has potential.

Round 7 Pick 224 S David Jones Richmond
08B38E7E-D749-4AFB-B7A7-2AFD4900A33A-6490-0000053DE2DB2F3D.jpeg

With our last pick we take a raw ball hawking free safety in David Jones. Can ride the bench for a while and develop. If Mo plays well, we don't have to worry. If he struggles, give this kid a shot.

Please, share your thoughts. Thanks.

Ram65

Legend
Round 2 Pick 41: LB TJ Watt Wisconsin
He should be good. A year as a backup would be good for him. I just don't know if Rams can afford not to add some offense for Goff.

Round 3 Pick 69: CB Teez Tabor Florida
I just know he had the 4.62 40 yard time at combine and I think ran worse at his pro day. Heard he is a playmaker but, he does not fit the cover corner type for Phillips.

Round 4 Pick 141 WR Dede Westbrook Oklahoma

Rams might take a chance if they do full investigation but, it is a big risk. Rams need depth so it's not a throw away pick. Hard to know how he will turn out.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_85efbaf5-3041-536e-a6d7-d5b46dfc9081.html

"............Although he was never convicted, the two arrests, plus other incidents listed in police records, create a curious loop in the mythos of Westbrook’s ascension.........."

I like the rest and found it an interesting draft. Good job even if I don't agree with everything.

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Like it alot! As bad as it sounds for Goff, we need to address the defense IMO. I love Watt in this spot. We need to address the LB position.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd rather have Ford vice Westbrook there at round 4. Both are equally risky in terms of being there I think.

But I could get behind that draft. I'd be worried about Watt's health for a while but have to admit he'd be real nice insurance in the event Quinn suffers a setback (no pun intended).

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I like getting Cannon as insurance. Think he could could be a stud for the Rams regardless. Would probably grab a different corner than Tabor In the 3rd but wouldn't hate it. Like majority of the picks. Nice job my man!

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Really like KD. Fits the explosve profile the rams will be looking for. Sadly I don't think he will be there in the 6th.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I keep seeing this Dede Westbrook's name pop up. I decided to pull up a highlight video just to see him. I couldn't get my eyes off of Baker Mayfield. Holy cow does that guy have a cannon of an arm and it looks absolutely effortless coming out.

I did a quick Wikapedia and scan and it looks like he got in trouble with the law. I don't really follow college football. What can people tell me about this Mayfield?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like a lot of the picks. I have two issues: 1) I like Tabor, but he doesn't fit this scheme. He would have fit our old scheme with Gregg Williams. 2) I am staying far away from Dede Westbrook. He's a talented player, but the "baby mama BS" is repeated domestic violence issues.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No thanks to Tabor just don't think he'll be good for us. Also don't like Westbrook on or off the field and want to stay the hell away from him. Like the rest of them but prefer others there.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I respect everyone's Mock and especially @JackDRams and I don't do any mocks whatsoever and depend on all of you, however, FWIW, I will go on record unless there is just unbelievable value at 37, I don't see the Rams going defense whatsoever. I believe somebody on the offensive side will drop and will be donning horns again JMHO...Engram or Zay Jones.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for all the comments.

In regards to some of the objections, Dede seems to be the biggest. The only reason I even touched him was that he was never charged and hasn't had recent issues. I don't have the time or resources to dig too deep, but it could be a case of a crazy women and athletes, or could be legit. I don't know enough. Which is why I grabbed KD too. Maybe we can sub him out and sub in an Amari Darboh, or Carlos Henderson maybe. A lot of good options.

In regards to Tabor, I don't like him much, but in the third round we'll likely miss out on the top tier guys. I'd personally prefer Jourdan Lewis if he's still available.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I like you emphasis early on defensive picks. I think we will need to retool our defense to meet what Phillips will want. This year we can make do w/ what hybrid we can cobble together. I also love the Kittle pick. Defintely someone who could help. But I am in aggreement w/ most. Westbrook is a bit on the slight side. I think he'll get beat up regularly at the next level. And he's certainly not someone who will be going across the middle. Plenty of other prospects that can bring the same skills at the pick. (BTW....I'm from Oklahoma....so I've watched him for a couple of years.... I like the kid.....but don't think he'll be able to handle the rigors.....not to mention the off-field stuff....). But good mock draft overall.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Woulda liked this way better than what we settled for....good job @JackDRams
I'll have to disagree with you on this one Bro! While @JackDRams Mock was good ( I especially loved the Watt pick!) Not so much on the rest!
The two WR's we got are better than what Jack picked and so is the TE! JMHO Bro!(y);):D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just glad McVay & Snead ran the draft.

Watt was picked way ahead in the draft , so hard to believe that was going to be a choice anyway.
Freaking Steelers got Watt and Smith-Schuster, Both of which I wanted for the Rams!!!:mad:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Freaking Steelers got Watt and Smith-Schuster, Both of which I wanted for the Rams!!!:mad:

True - but these 2 Eastern Washington guys might end up being better players.

Then again Lynn Swan , & Troy Polimonlo were special Steelers from SC.

Reynolds I actually like better than JuJu as well as Copper Kupp who is just a straight up baller.

I think JuJu & Reynolds have a little island blood ? The Rams have a lot of young LBers. It will be very interesting to see what happens.